V-High @ Dawgs

Bulldogs52

The Dawgs are much improved in all areas this year, if they can stay healthy big things may happen for these boys!

How's the Cats looking down there in Bristol?

How does everyone feel about that game?

I will definitely be pulling for the Bull Dogs here. I haven't seen either team in the pre season so im not sure just who has what. This game is at Tazewell and im sure the fans will be very excited. if Tazewell has a good showing here and handles Va High.....look out! Bull Dog 52 & Stu Bean I sure am pulling for you guys here. Imagine what kind of atmosphere it would be if a Richlands and Tazewell game would decide a lot of positions in the playoffs? I know that's way pre mature but nothing wrong with wishing for that. Good luck Bulldogs!!!!

Va. High 21

Tazewell 27

Tazewell has no more excuses this year like they have in the past! They have the talent, they have the speed, they have size, they have depth! Now it's just time for them to strap it up and handle their business!  They have looked good in their scrimmages, and during the Union scrimmage as well! They play together the sky is the limit for this group! 

In the past three years, Virginia High has outscored Tazewell by a combined score of 118-9; I highly doubt that this one will turn out the same way. VHS always starts off the season slow and with a much-improved Tazewell team, I'm not sure about our chances, but I think that if we can get our athletes into the open field and control Malik Davis, we can pull this one out

Tazewell will be much improved, but V-High looked like they had an athletic team with plenty of speed when I watched them last week.  I think the game could go either way.  Tazewell may start the season 2-0, but they could start 0-2.  They are facing two good opponents to start the season.  I just hope folks don't get down on the Bulldogs if they lose one or both of their first two games.  Because I believe they have a very good chance to have a winning season, even if they lose the first two.  

Going off last season it will all come down to two factors.  First off can the offense keep up the high scoring that it finished last season with and second has the defense bulked up enough to stop the run?  Last season also saw the big change at RB after/during the Sullivan central game and that was a game changer the rest of the season as well.  First game is always a challenge no matter the team because of shaking off the rust and actually playing for it to mean something instead of an extended practice game.  Second game is rivalry so again things can go out the window with that.  Either way take it one week at a time and let's get ready for some football friday night as its almost here!

What they have showed this preseason is they can stop the run, even to the outside, which they struggled with last year......  Let's get it on! No matter what happens Kelly Green and White all day baby!!!!  Can't wait to see the new uniforms Friday night!

By seasons end, I believe the Bearcats will be better than last year's team.  I think they have enough offensive weapons to hold off an improved Bulldog squad...but I have been incorrect before.  Being the first game for VHS and on the road, they may have to overcome a learning curve.  I think they win in a good, close game and this springboards them on to a very good season.

#31 for the Bearcats can flat out turn on the jets.  They had several other good looking athletes with speed.  #7 has nice speed too and got behind a pretty quick Graham secondary on 2 occasions for long scores.