8-29-14 Football Updates- Week 1

Ryan4VT

The whistle was blown on the INT. .that's why Herron stopped on the play.

My question is why. They didn't blow the whistle until 3/4 the way through the play. And then they replayed the down, so it couldn't have been because of the quarter ending.

Gate City deserved to win. Not much difference in these two teams but Richlands suffered some very tough injuries on three of our best players. This is not good for us. Great job Gate City and there fans. You guys have a very good football team

Agreed on GC, however, you can't turn the ball over in the red zone like Richlands did. Looking at the schedule.....doesn't get any easier....Union, Lord Botetourt (beat somebody by 40 points),  Graham, Bluefield, and two teams that will surprise...Abingdon and Tazewell.  I remember the years when we complained about having an easy schedule, not so anymore.

My question is why. They didn't blow the whistle until 3/4 the way through the play. And then they replayed the down, so it couldn't have been because of the quarter ending.

It happens.  Looks bad.  People make mistakes, probably didn't have his head in the play. As bad as it was, both teams had opportunities. Have to make them count.

Gate City played a great game. I still think if the refs didn't bend us over on that INT that we would have taken that one in to score and with momentum on our side, I think we go on to win that game. Just one mans opinion.

and if a frog had wings...... lol 

Who scored final td's for graham and bluefield?

I don't remember who scored it for Graham, but Mookie Collier scored the last one for Bluefield.  He's a freshman...

Bluefield fans...going for 2 when you've scored 70 is why people hate you.

Typical Bluefield football! BHS fans should be embarrassed.

It was about the same Graham hanging 67 on a very weak Grundy team last year.  We hadn't played in 3 years and had never embarrassed Graham, but that didn't stop coach at Graham from throwing the ball when he was up by 60 with 2 minutes left in the 4th.  That was nothing more that attempting to embarrass a group of kids.  Those kids by the way had the same blood sweat and tears into as everyone else.  So I'm glad the Beavers gave your all a taste and hope you remember it the next time you get a beat on a weak sister. 

It was about the same Graham hanging 67 on a very weak Grundy team last year.  We hadn't played in 3 years and had never embarrassed Graham, but that didn't stop coach at Graham from throwing the ball when he was up by 60 with 2 minutes left in the 4th.  That was nothing more that attempting to embarrass a group of kids.  Those kids by the way had the same blood sweat and tears into as everyone else.  So I'm glad the Beavers gave your all a taste and hope you remember it the next time you get a beat on a weak sister. 

As I said, play ball.  Its your job to keep the other team from scoring.  If you can't, then you get 76 hung on your ass.  I have no problem with it...Graham needs to learn how to play better defense...

I really thank the ban hammer needs to be lifted up off ole v-high boy...  He clearly didn't know the schools, he took the reply to smart ass comment to him so he replied with one himself!

I'm only going to do this one time...ever...

Tell him he's back on the board.

I'm getting soft in my old age...

42326-kittens-persian-with-pink-ribbon.j

As I said, play ball.  Its your job to keep the other team from scoring.  If you can't, then you get 76 hung on your ass.  I have no problem with it...Graham needs to learn how to play better defense...

Dude is upset that Twin Valley hung 28 on Grundy and held them scoreless especially since Grundy had beat TV by a average of 40 to 50 plus over the years.

Grundy comes to Graham this season.....play to the final whistle.....

Just wanted to say congrats to GC on their win tonight and wish them well the rest of their season !

I hope we get some good news on a couple of our better players that were hurt tonight,  but I fear the worst on especially one of them.  Could really hurt the Blues,  but the next man has to step up.  It's just so hard to replace a player like A. Cordle, especially as good as he is on both lines.  I wish him and the other players hurt tonight the best !

Per VHSL record book, RC/Holston two points shy of being the 3rd highest scoring game.

So it's a Final? I haven't seen any Twitter updates since the last score.

Update-Twitter finally updated. It's a final.