Graham/Bluefield

GHS89

First off, a thank you to both teams for representing yourselves well. As I recall, there were no personal fouls called, which unusual for a rivalry. Bluefield is as fast as advertised. They run a good running game and use Coppola very efficiently. If I am Bluefield I go to work on the pass defense and developing the passing game. I am very excited to see where these teams go. I would love to see Bluefield run the table. The potential for Graham is there. I expect to see them continue to grow into the most exciting team since 2001. Probably the best two deep quarterback situation since the early '80's.

I feel I must drop my opinion on the score as some will not be happy about it. This was any bodies game at the half. The stage was set then for the track meet that followed. I think Bluefield knew then that their best defense was a high scoring offense. Once the throttle was floored, it was hard for either team to let up. I liked it. Sure, Bluefield went for two a few times late, but that was the nature of this one.

See ya in Tazewell.