The Fort

BandanaVTDavis4321

If, if , if I know. If Beidleman was there, would have a great chance to contend for state. I had said earlier Fort was dependent upon lbs and QB. May actually be better at QB this year especially running the football. QB is a great safety also. Fort did play 6-8 soph's a lot Friday against GW . Outside of bland, narrows and James river, fort could lose to anyone of the other 5 opponents but can also beat those 5 teams also. Others being Grayson, Graham, Galax, Radford and Thomasville.

• 2 weeks later...

Just my opinion and not worth a plumb nickel but the fundamentals are still in place after being taught by the previous coaching staff.  Fort Chiswell has always had talent and always will.  They haven't had a coach as gifted as James, ever!

That development will erode over time under Hale!

U can't keep running the same plays over and over, the James river game should not of been close even without starting QB. Ward 37 carries against Radford and 50 against James River. This team under James would of beat Radford by 20. I would like to think hale would work with special teams more and will be able to adjust when they play better teams but I don't think he will. I don't think galax is any better than talent wise but I think dixon will destroy hale.

hate that I missed Friday's game... only the 2nd ever I've missed in his whole life... seemed like it was closer than it should have been n I can only attribute that to our defense (need to tighten that up)... but I am still optimistic bout this season!!

and I agree "Single A West"... we have to be able to change it up... last years season was the best display of "spreading out talent" that I have ever watched in the 6 yrs I have been here and we saw how far that took us... we need to be able to pass the ball and do many other things... as much as I love to see those carries, I know that come post season it won't be enough.. we saw that with Chris and Daniel's seasons... But, Hale is coming in fresh, trying not to rock what has typically worked in FC... if u watched the FFE player of the week interview u can tell that a one RB offense isn't what he is used to but its what he inherited, so give him time... right now he is going with what is winning him games... n what is going to build trust between him and this program so that when he does change it up, it will be well accepted... if he had just came in and started changing offense n we had a losing season knowing Ward is able to run like that, ppl would have found fault in that too.... just my opinion :-)