HAYSI @ CLINTWOOD...ONE MORE TIME....

cwood78

I spent literally an hour digging up that info and tricities.com steals my thunder and corrects my mistakes lol but I was close.

http://www.tricities.com/sports/article_90393b6e-3a21-11e4-90ce-0017a43b2370.html

I was thinking the same thing last night when I was looking at this weeks match-ups and predictions. You still gave a 110% Redtiger!!! LOL

I think everyone who was there will say it was an incredible game, one for the ages. Back and forth game. For me it couldnt have worked out any better, just the way I wanted it. Idk how many people were there but I would say around 5k. Absolutely HUGE crowd. Stands were full at 6. 

The game really wasnt as close as the score. Clintwood had a few BIG plays that got their points but more or less Haysi shut down the Wave running game. The Wave passing attack did have some success.

Haysi struggled on offense in the first half; dropped passes, silly mistakes and we went away from the running game. In the second half we went back to the ground game and really had some success. Defensively Haysi played great tonight barring a couple of big plays. The only complaint I have is early on we had too many missed tackles. #5 Turner had a 60ish yard catch and run on a spot pass, and he broke 5 tackles. 

Clintwood looks like Cumberland champs to me. Solid team overall.

Haysi has the pieces to make a big run, they just have to tackle better and cut down on the mistakes.

Haysi looks to be on track on another deep run into the playoffs I have to disagree with you on the score being closer than the game clintwood overshot wide open recevers all night imho as the year goes on and the qb gets more comfortable in the offense I see those being big plays

All in all I truly hope the team's face each other again in the playoffs I could not help but think what type of team ridgview would have if they had opened up this year

I thought a lot about what the Ridgeview team would look like last year. IF Ridgeview would have been formed last season they would have been state title contenders in 2A. No one this side of Giles would have been able to touch them, and Giles would have had all they wanted. If they were together this season they would be pretty good. It could be something special.

While were on the subject. I really liked the Ridgeview shirts being at the game last night. Glad to see the 2 communities already coming together already. 

Ralphs House is special, no doubt about it and the field itself is one of the best in SWVA, probably one of the best in 1A. The only problem with it is there isint enough home seating and really theres no way to expand it. IF there was a way to fit more seating on the west endzone then maybe. But that section would have to seat 800 and the scoreboard would have to be moved, to where I have no idea.

I wouldnt be against it tho. Downsize the big baseball field to LL size and turn part of it and the tennis courts into a parking lot. Turn the LL baseball field into endzone seating and another small parking lot. Would be a nice setup.