Richlands at Graham

TornadoCat

Is the Graham kid who plays receiver still out? the one who played well against Bluefield before he was injured?

Yea,  he is still out.  Broken collar bone from what i have heard.

Sorry guys,  I had a brain fart on this post.  I had my mind on the Farris kid who plays WR for Richlands when I made this post and it is obvious you were not talking about him,  so sorry about that !

I think Looney is out for Graham this week.(Big time loss)...Kyshon Lee got hurt in the Tazewell game, not sure about his status.....Meade will probably try to play....I think he tried to come back too early against Tazewell.  I think that i all that is out for Graham.  Booker and Taymon Cook both had good games at receiver for Graham against Bluefield, I think they are both ready to go.

For Richlands fans that do not know of a time change for the game Friday night with Graham...saw this on the BDT site a few minutes ago.

Graham’s football game with Richlands on Friday night — and the rest of the games this season — will start at 7 p.m. A pair of 0-2 clubs will meet at Mitchell Stadium in what is the bdtblitz.com Game of the Night. Richlands has won the last seven games in the series by an average of 21.7 points. The G-Men did close the margin last year, losing 27-26 in the regular season, and 31-21 in the postseason. Graham last won 18-13 at Richlands in 2007

not know of a time change for the gamFor Richlands fans that do e Friday night with Graham...saw this on the BDT site a few minutes ago.

Graham’s football game with Richlands on Friday night — and the rest of the games this season — will start at 7 p.m. A pair of 0-2 clubs will meet at Mitchell Stadium in what is the bdtblitz.com Game of the Night. Richlands has won the last seven games in the series by an average of 21.7 points. The G-Men did close the margin last year, losing 27-26 in the regular season, and 31-21 in the postseason. Graham last won 18-13 at Richlands in 2007

For Future Reference... All of the MED teams have a start time of 7:00.  It's not a "change"....it has been on the schedule this way...I think it was more of a courtesy thing to make sure everybody knows the start time, because the other area schools start 30 minutes later.

Some musings from my point of view.

1. We started so slow tonight. Once we started opening the play book a little, we could move the ball. Still need to grow as a team. But tonight's win was much needed for their psyche.

2. Graham's punter is abysmal. 3 or 4 10-15 yard punts absolutely killed any bit of fild position game that could have been.

3. Graham just flat gave up starting in the mid-3rd quarter. And the coaches just didn't seem to care at all. I know the team is down after a bad start, but that, to me, is just unacceptable.

4. Last, but not nearly least, my player of the game is Cory Alcie. That kid shut down his half of the field and made some TD saving tackles. He had several hard hard hits on punt returns. And on the muffed punt he didn't give up on the play after being blocked on the opposite side of the field and still recovered that ball. Atta boy. So proud of him.

1. We started so slow tonight. Once we started opening the play book a little, we could move the ball. Still need to grow as a team. But tonight's win was much needed for their psyche.

2. Graham's punter is abysmal. 3 or 4 10-15 yard punts absolutely killed any bit of fild position game that could have been.

3. Graham just flat gave up starting in the mid-3rd quarter. And the coaches just didn't seem to care at all. I know the team is down after a bad start, but that, to me, is just unacceptable.

4. Last, but not nearly least, my player of the game is Cory Alcie. That kid shut down his half of the field and made some TD saving tackles. He had several hard hard hits on punt returns. And on the muffed punt he didn't give up on the play after being blocked on the opposite side of the field and still recovered that ball. Atta boy. So proud of him.

Don't know what to say, the defense for Graham actually started out pretty decent and looked like they had improved....but the offense made a lot of mistakes and couldn't sustain any momentum at all.  I agree with your observations.  Seemed like they were just going through the motions.  Could be a long season for them.  They've still got Giles, a solid Galax team and Fort Chiswell is not looking too shabby either....Grayson is down....but at this point, they would be a definite favorite over Graham.  I hope things improve for them fast, but losing creates a lot of doubt.  I just hope they pick their heads up and play to their potential, because the potential is there....even though the kids may not see it.  If they do end up 3-7 (which is possible)......the last time that happend they won the state the following year....not at all saying that would happen....but they do have a lot of young talent on that team getting a lot of experience this year....They certainly shouldn't fold the tents on this season yet, just saying the future should be bright. 

that's exactly what I noticed. It's pitiful for a team to just give up like graham did tonight but what's even worse is a coaching staff that will allow it to happen.

Graham will get there first win of the year next week against Grundy. A win is always a positive motivator and they will turn things around.... a little. They have a tough schedule left for them. I personally think that Meade being out make a world of difference for them. I also agree with Popeye, they have some gifted kids that stand on the sidelines when the defense is on the field. Play those kids!!! It's high school football and when you have talent, play them!

Some of the players that have been around for a while need to take a leadership role in this situation too.  It doesn't just take good players on the field (which I believe Graham has)... the kids need to buy in to what they are being taught, also.  I would love to see Graham finish strong and end up with a winning record, but Giles looks awesome, Fort Chiswell and Galax look strong as well. Grayson County won't be a pushover, even though they are down this year.

To take a quote from Remember the Titans "attitude reflects leadership". 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCxEAzvQqnY

I see all kinds of talent there and promise...its coaching that seems to be problematic. They were bigger and in some places faster than Richlands, its sad to see Graham fall because they have the kids to play.