Falcon Recovery

Falconman

First of all, Red Tiger slipping? I might be distracted but dad has me working out with a trainer and going to school. This is hard to pull off but he says it will be worth it if I get a scholarship. It seems like all I get done is homework and chores. I have noticed that my arms and chest have gotten a little swolled. Sometimes I wish dad could go through my day he just laughs and gives me the "you don't know how lucky you are speech". I did make dad laugh the other day about playing Patrick Henry, he said even VT plays VMI every once in a while. So red tiger before you judge come take a walk in my shoes for a day. Oh yeah by the way Falcons make a statement this week 42-0.

Youre right, I dont know what its like to go to school 5 days a week, work 30+ hours a week, mow the yard in the summers and lift. Im sorry. Oh wait! That was my college schedule, not yours. My bad.

But I guess it does have to be hard to find time to do both of your online classes, Jazzercize, mow the yard AND come up with some fresh conversation on here. Maybe now that Fall is here you can cut down on your chores a little. Slow down and enjoy the ride, youre only young once

All joking aside, everyone does know that the Southbound and his buddy never even attended AHS, right?  I just want to make sure that everyone knows that. I know that they add humor and give people something to write about but they never attended AHS....which may be part of the joke here and I don't realize that.

Yes...back when they started their "gig" the Abingdon football players were trying to find out who they were...when they coudn't find out...it became obvious they were a figment of someone's imagination.  Teens talk...it wouldn't have been a mystery inside the halls of AHS, if they were students.

BTW, Big O, I was on the Roanoke paper today reading about all the injuries at Northside...and the toll it's taken on their program this year...mentioned in the article, Abingdon was the benefactor of one of their players, a Senior RB, moving to Atown and now eligible to play.  What does that addition mean for your team?

http://www.roanoke.com/sports/high_schools/northside-senior-austin-fisher-out-for-the-season-after-breaking/article_53c4d2e4-bb64-59a9-bf8a-7b640fbf45fc.html

I was talking with a Coach at Emory and out of the blue he mentioned this very thing. It shocked me when he told me who it was. I don't know if its true. I was shocked but could believe it and a lot of us on here no him well if its true.

Tru, the kid you speak of is Tyrek (sp?) Roberts.  I have heard he's a power back with decent speed.  I haven't heard a lot about him other than he will play and that he goes 100% all the time.  I will let you guys know more when I see him this week...if he plays.  Which I guess he will. If he is a power back that will be a great added dimension for Jordan....who is all twitch and speed.  I certainly hope he is great!

Razor, I have no idea who they are.  I just think its funny that someone feels compelled enough to do this shtick for so long. Hey, if it makes them feel better, go for it. I just don't get it. But to each his own I guess.

Mountain Man apparently knows more than me about Roberts.  I understood he would play RB at AHS and maybe some LB.  But, maybe he's a little out of shape (guessing, since its been awhile since he's played) so getting some reps at LB would make more sense as opposed to being an every down back.

Every time I look on this board its the same ole stuff. Falcon bashing. It makes me upset and I've had enough. What makes things worse is one of our so called own has pesonally attacked me and the best friend anyone could ever ask for - Southy. Southbound has dedicated his life to the promotion of the Falcons and so have I. I beg to ask the question - did anyone ever speak of the Falcons on this board before Falconman and Southbound? Did anyone even care if we had a game on Friday night? How bout the Entrance? Did anyone ever notice the most electrifying entrance in Southwest Virginia Football before those painted up, chest pounding gorilla's and beast of men called Southbound and Falconman? NO! So Big O, your welcome!! No one cares what you think! Not me, not this board, and certainly not Southy's other best friend Stripes! All we've done is promote our Falcons and our beloved Town! Heck, the Martha and the Barter should give us money for free publicity. Along with, Kegley & Company, Rain, The Tavern, and of course TACO BELL. Just the other day one of the managers was talking about how they are going to put a local specialized item on the menu. Do any of you want to guess what that item will be called in Abingdon? Yes, VICTORY TACO! So, Big Slow until you can get a franchise like Taco Bell to name something after you, SHUT YA BIG SLOW MOUTH!

Smell You Later! Go Falcons

PS: We take it to Hidden Valley this week!! 42-6

Every time I look on this board its the same ole stuff. Falcon bashing. It makes me upset and I've had enough. What makes things worse is one of our so called own has pesonally attacked me and the best friend anyone could ever ask for - Southy. Southbound has dedicated his life to the promotion of the Falcons and so have I. I beg to ask the question - did anyone ever speak of the Falcons on this board before Falconman and Southbound? Did anyone even care if we had a game on Friday night? How bout the Entrance? Did anyone ever notice the most electrifying entrance in Southwest Virginia Football before those painted up, chest pounding gorilla's and beast of men called Southbound and Falconman? NO! So Big O, your welcome!! No one cares what you think! Not me, not this board, and certainly not Southy's other best friend Stripes! All we've done is promote our Falcons and our beloved Town! Heck, the Martha and the Barter should give us money for free publicity. Along with, Kegley & Company, Rain, The Tavern, and of course TACO BELL. Just the other day one of the managers was talking about how they are going to put a local specialized item on the menu. Do any of you want to guess what that item will be called in Abingdon? Yes, VICTORY TACO! So, Big Slow until you can get a franchise like Taco Bell to name something after you, SHUT YA BIG SLOW MOUTH!

Smell You Later! Go Falcons

PS: We take it to Hidden Valley this week!! 42-6

When I tell Southy to up his game THIS is what im talking about!  Falconboy always brings it! Fresh, bold and completly rediculious

Falconman we are playing Happy Valley in Elizabethton Tn. I do not want you and southy in Hidden Valley near Roanoke. Get there early because the place is small and it sounds like the falcons are gaining some support and a bunch of new fans have asked me for directions!!

BigO. New kid is running the ball some now. He is nasty. Could be a big difference maker when Richlands roll into A-town. The sophomores and juniors are growing up quick. I think the last three games of the year will be good ones. RHS, THS, and Marion will not be 52-0 @ halftime for the foreseeable future

When I tell Southy to up his game THIS is what im talking about!  Falconboy always brings it! Fresh, bold and completly rediculious

They say confession is good for the soul. Well, I must confess that there was a time I checked this message board for local high school sports news (still do) and to read Leonard's Losers (I miss that, but do think these two have replaced it).  Yes there was a time that the two chirping birds got on my nerves.  But friends, today has been a challenging day.  What do I do when I need to escape?  I read this board because I know I am going to get a chuckle out of something.  Today was no different.  I read through this "amazing" ridiculous thread and literally laughed out loud.  I want to thank you Falconboy and Southy for amusing me.