Falcon Recovery

Falconman

Actually, AHS drops Happy Valley and Volunteer for Blacksburg and I think Cave Spring next year.  I may be wrong but I think that's what I have heard.  AHS has 16 seniors but they play a TON of sophs and jrs.  I mean a ton. Reed is looking down the road...as any coach in his position should do. That being said, AHS has done well even playing all the underclassmen.

Really?  I agree there's more points to gain from beating Volunteer but for some reason I figured since they just recently completed a 1 there/1here series with them and the fact they are out of state would cause them to drop Vol.  Like I said, I have not heard anything official so you very well could be right. 

In your prior post you are looking forward & can not wait for 3 weeks. In the next post you change it to 2 years. We all have heard the same story year in & year out from Faggot Land I mean Falcon 

Redneck has gotten angry...blah, blah, blah

Falcons need to play in dry conditions. When it is not raining they are pretty good. Raining, not so much. It has rained every Friday except for Happy Valley. I would like to see what they are capable of on a nice day. Dry field, dry balls, dry everything.

Razor do not start rain dancing too early. We still have to go to Bristol. If they can win down there with similar numbers to what you all did, I think we should have a good game the 24th.

Ryan, no moonshine post this Friday, they were lucky to get out of there with a win. Sort of like your alls Union game

Falcons need to play in dry conditions. When it is not raining they are pretty good. Raining, not so much. It has rained every Friday except for Happy Valley. I would like to see what they are capable of on a nice day. Dry field, dry balls, dry everything.

Razor do not start rain dancing too early. We still have to go to Bristol. If they can win down there with similar numbers to what you all did, I think we should have a good game the 24th.

Ryan, no moonshine post this Friday, they were lucky to get out of there with a win. Sort of like your alls Union game

If it will help the Blues win and the Falcons lose.....then you better believe me, Ryan and BigRHS will start dancing now and not stop until about game time in just under two weeks!!!!!!!!!

Boy that would be a sight for sore eyes uh? Me ,Ryan and BigRHS dancing......naaaaaaaaa

If it will help the Blues win and the Falcons lose.....then you better believe me, Ryan and BigRHS will start dancing now and not stop until about game time in just under two weeks!!!!!!!!!

Boy that would be a sight for sore eyes uh? Me ,Ryan and BigRHS dancing......naaaaaaaaa

I've been known to bust a move or two......Bahahaha.

I would sure try to bust a move if I thought it would help,  but if the good lord saw me bust a move,  he would be to busy laughting to make it rain !  But I will try if it will help ....lol

The Good Lord might cry and feel sorry for us if he seen that...lol

If he cries I'm sure that would be quite the rain storm!

I am just thinking out loud.... Is it coincidence that va high had 6 starters out ( a game they knew they were going to lose GC to be ready for a good Falcon group? I know Blankenship is sick, but low and behold, after losing to Marion and Richlands will he be full speed for the falcons? Conspiracy ? I do listen to Art Bell on my radio at night. I may call coast to coast if we lose these one but I doubt I last 4. Right now aim optimistic twin at VHS, RHS at home win, Tazewell (Blankenship sick not back to 100% on the road) win. Dog fight with Marion but know this is their last year of revalence to this discussion.. Win. Abingdon 9-1. Might miss one but I doubt it. Who knows what 3 A playoffs will hold but they should (and need) to beT 2A talent

Ryan, serious question here. Do you think Tazewell was/is overrated?

Absolutely. 100%. They are a good team. But, after that 4-0 start people started anointing them as potential state title contenders. They played 4 teams that don't have 10 wins between them. I said that if they could beat the middle part of their schedule, then I would take it back. They have only proved the point. A good team. But that's it.

I see the same thing in Abingdon. Played a weak schedule and the only game they have lost was to the only team with a winning record. If you guys can get past Tazewell and Richlands, then yeah, I'll say you're better than a good team. But that's just the way I see it right now.

They have plenty of talent and there is no doubt about that. I think playing four straight at home and then having to go on the road without Blankenship really messed them up. A little trouble with other things and it has been pretty tough for them. I think they could be really tough but for some reason they can't get the whole thing together.

Overrated early? Maybe a little but it is a tough thing to put a finger on and say...yeah that's what's wrong! The talent is there

Against us during warm-ups I thought ....man they look really good. Tazewells fan base was outstanding with the regular and the extra bleachers full and people standing everywhere. They were fired up and vocal. I thought wow this is going to be good.

When the game started for about half of the first quarter the game could have went either way as far as momentum goes. Then when Richlands got the momentum it just snowballed from there. Then when we scored near the end of the first half the body language of the players changed on both sides and it was just a different looking team afterwards.

They have good size up front

They have a big athletic Qb with a good arm who can run

They have two very good RBs

They have two tall fast Wrs that can run,jump and have good hands

They got good size on D line

One very good De

Aggressive lbs

Fast, tall dbs

You add all that up and on paper you say man that will be tough to deal with. So you will have to ask Stu-bean or Bulldogs because I can't explain it.

I'm glad you said you thought they were overrated. I agree.....AHS has not played a very tough schedule yet, nor had Tazewell. The good for AHS is that they have had time to gel and work out some kinks etc. Now, I have no idea how that will translate against future tougher opponents.......it could be good and it could be bad, for obvious reasons. Playing lesser teams doesn't do a lot for those "kinks". But either way, I think AHS and RHS will be a great ball game. I don't think it's a blow out either way. But, I'm skipping ahead. AHS has to win this week before the following week even matters. I think AHS wins this week......28-12. I

A little behind here as I'm currently out in real football land of VA.  The tidewater area, worst team from here could probably still roll most in our area.

Anyway I would not say Tazewell was overrated I would say maybe we expected to much.  As razor said everything is there to be an awesome team.  Some injuries at the worst possible time and some other issues that I won't get into.  The team could have defeated anyone that we have played but alas that isn't what happened.  Richlands is good but not great.  Knock off the stupid penalties that we had and it could have been a different game.  No I'm not blaming the refs as it was a fair called game from everything I saw.  Just sloppy on both sides with us being worse at it.

I don't know what to expect of Abingdon.  I will say this, off this week plus Grundy next week means getting everybody healthy and warmed up for the Blue Buzzards coming to T-town.  If we play the way we can and should at home, it will be a good one.  This week Falcons will win.  Next week could be interesting though...

• 2 weeks later...