9-12-14 Week 3 Updates

Ryan4VT

Just look back at the stupid post you made on the top ten board. Yes Richlands is down from previous years but still is a very tough out for a whole of teams. I was just surprised you said it that way. That's all......you are not like Falcon and Southy I know that. Just a little dig. I have made many stupid posts in the past and paid for it and I'm sure I will do it again.

Its all good and comes with the territory.

Congratulations on the win.....I guess..lol

I never and I mean NEVER thought Grundy would get wore flat out by TV or Hurley, let alone both. What has happened to Grundy?

I don't really know for sure, haven't kept up with this team, but it seems like they are really young and inexperienced. I know what you mean though. the scores have always been the other way, not really sure what to say. Heck TV never even scored on us back then. Might be a really down year, but they could be decent in another year or two, Lance really knows more than most about the kids this year,

Well, Grundy is SO bad this year, we let a girl score against us.

Congrats to Sr. Rachel McCoy, who capped off the Rebs 66 point night by catching a 2 pt. conversion pass.

I know you don't mean anything by your comment Helper but I want the posters to know that Rachel isn't just your average athlete. Rachel is an excellent student first and foremost then her evening consist of volleyball practice at 3:30 to 4:30 then she drives to the practice field for football. Rachel will practice football from 4:30 till 6:00 then from 6:00 till 7:30 or 8:00, she will train for cross country. On top of all that, the basketball coach will schedule "open gym practice" for basketball after cross country practice so Rachel won't miss practice because Rachel gets mad if he does otherwise. Rachel's takes a little easier load during the spring by running track after basketball season. Rachel has qualified for State in track and cross country and has won every 5K she has been in this year.

We, the Hurley Community, each claim Rachel as our daughter. LOL It's not because she doesn't have parents, because she has both and they are hard working parents. Rachel just has so much positive energy around her and a smile that lights up everybody around her up. I have told everybody that if every team in SWVA had 11 boys like Rachel that they would have them an awesome team.

Back to the football game, Grundy is going thru growing pains but it won't last long because like I said a couple of weeks ago on this forum they have a great bunch of kids coming up thru the ranks. I was puzzled that the coaches didn't make adjustments on defense. Grundy was worried about our jet sweeps and loaded up the outside and just about every score we had came between the tackles on traps. The coaches never dropped any help down the whole game. It was a good win for the Rebels!