Lord Botetourt @ Richlands

Ryan4VT

Botetourt lost last week in a nail biter and a missed last second FG to Glenvar. Richlands comes off a 40-0 victory over Graham. Chris Thompson is gone from LB. But they are still a good team. 

Thoughts? 

CalPreps has Lord Botetourt 34, Richlands 14

Maybe I'm overly optimistic but I do not believe the hype surrounding Lord Botetourt, especially without Chris Thompson. If Mance plays the starters the whole game, then I think the Blues can pull this one out, but it'll be a close one

Richlands will be considered the underdog in this matchup. The Lord Botetourt football team is legit.

Our record 1-2, our win, Graham 2A (0-3) 40-0. Our losses are to Union 2A (3-0) 29-28 and Gate City 2A (2-1) 28-17

LB (3A) is 2-1 beating Rustburg (3A) (2-1) 48-0. They also beat James River (2A) (0-3) 48-8. Lost to Glenvar(2A) (3-0) 15-14 by a missed FG on the last play of the game.

Nathan Fletcher, a jr. RB, had 6 TD's against Rustburg and rushed for over 200 yds against Glenvar. Lord Botetourt's safety Oyler, earning looks from in-state colleges, was quoted in the Roanoke paper after the game...

They pulled through and got it done," said Botetourt safety Austin Oyler, who had a big fourth-quarter sack and a blocked punt.

"We’ll definitely bounce back. That’s what we do. It gives us the incentive to get back on the field and play even harder."

Playing a team the caliber of LB is a challenge...even moreso is playing a team that lost a game they did not expect to lose.

The Blues will need to perform at a higher level than they have in their earlier games this season...here's hoping they rise to the occasion.   GO BLUES

LB has a strong team.  Glenvar has a good program this year, but I was surprised to see them beat LB.  I'm still taking LB to win, but it may be closer than I expected.  I saw a statement that LB would be the best team that Richlands plays this season, I believe the team that Richlands plays the following week may have something to say about that.....Richlands has a beast of a schedule the next 2 weeks. 

Richlands has lost to 2 quality teams....I wouldn't let the 40-0 win over Graham give you too much confidence...Graham hasn't been able to stop anybody.  Grundy may put up 30 on Graham this week.

I believe that Richlands has a quality team, but they have a beast of a schedule, if they manage to make it to the playoffs....playing these good teams is to their advantage.

I saw a statement that LB would be the best team that Richlands plays this season, I believe the team that Richlands plays the following week may have something to say about that.....

I think you mean in two weeks. We travel to Va. High next week before coming back home for Bluefield and Tazewell.

I think you mean in two weeks. We travel to Va. High next week before coming back home for Bluefield and Tazewell.

That's what I meant.....and wow....forgot about having Tazewell the following week.  I have had the pleasure of watching that fine football team play this year also.

I hope your right UVA but i am having a hard time trying to predict the outcome for this years team. If LB has a lot of speed and can get to the edges i think we are in big trouble even if they cant throw the ball. We just haven't proven that when a big play has to be made, that we can make it. We have the players to do it but just haven't been able to do it thus far. 

I also agree that you cant judge our team by this past Friday night but they did post a shutout which i know had many variables. I think they need to when at least one of the next three games and maybe need two of them.......in which i know is going to be a very tall task. The next four weeks definitely will show us if we can even think about November much less be there.

I think the game against Tazewell will answer most of the Blues questions. Obviously its not a stretch to see the Blues going into that game at 1-4 as hard as that is to say but it is a very real possibility to say the least. If that's the case the Tazewell game becomes the most important game Richlands will play in years. Tazewell will be a big favorite and the atmosphere will be just crazy!

Back to the topic and task at hand. I believe Richlands can win this game but will have to play better than they have thus far for all four quarters. Cant wait to see how they perform because they are capable of being really good. Once again i will use the 30 Point figure......If Richlands can score thirty i think they win. if they cant we lose. 

If Richlands can limit turnovers, score when they hit the red zone, come up with a game plan to slow Botetourt's run game & limit giving up the big plays, there's no reason Richlands cannot win this game. Mance tells the players they must play 48 minutes, well the coaches must coach for 48 minutes also!  Losing Cordle & Farris for the year don't help things, but Richlands still has talent to make a run.

I agree Tj......we still can make a run but we still have to be able to seal the edges against these teams. LB and Bluefield will have plenty of speed and that's what killed us against Gate City and even Union to some extent was them getting to the edge and up field. I know that is part of the fundamentals of the game but we are an attacking defense and if you don't take the right angles against speed your not used to seeing......you get burned! 

Maybe if LB is not a threat Zeke, Corey and Waldron can be much more of a presence against that i hope. All three of them have decent speed with Zeke being the fastest. I think we can be very competitive against LB if that's the case. Chase Collins could be very important to stopping the run because i know Wade and Addison will be attacking hard. I look for River to play a lot at DE which will also help. Kevin Alley is getting better every game along with Tyler Cordle and Holmes on the line. We are young in most of these positions but if we can some how pull out two of four here, we could be a very tough out around the end of October. These young guys are in a position to learn the hard way but be much better for it!

Dont know which way its going to go but very excited to watch them compete. Time for these good young men to step up and be the MAN! I would talk about the offense but im sure you guys are ready for me to shut up with my opinions....lol.....so i will!!!!!!

My biggest thing, and Razor and I texted back and forth about this, is the lack of a killer instinct. In past seasons, those teams would put their foot on your throat, and start to push down until the team tapped. This team, to this stage of the season, hasn't really showed that. You have to want to end it. Just my .02.

My biggest thing, and Razor and I texted back and forth about this, is the lack of a killer instinct. In past seasons, those teams would put their foot on your throat, and start to push down until the team tapped. This team, to this stage of the season, hasn't really showed that. You have to want to end it. Just my .02.

EXACTLY!  You just nailed it to the floor with Gmans HAMMER!  I hope he didn't mind....LOL

Maybe i should say like.......... Gmans HAMMER

This game will be a "BREEZE" for Lord Botetourt.

Cavs --- 42

EF-1's --- 14

I just love your explanations and insight to explain your thoughts. Always interesting Jethro but you may be right.

Just glad to see you still in "The Spin Zone"!!!!!!!!!!!