Grundy @ Graham

GMan

Grundy has a bunch of 9th and 10th graders this year...the McNutt kid #25 at RB is not the fastest but he is tough as can be and is fun to watch...and he's just a 9th grader. 

Give these kids a couple of years and it's going to be interesting. 

Grundy has a bunch of 9th and 10th graders this year...the McNutt kid #25 at RB is not the fastest but he is tough as can be and is fun to watch...and he's just a 9th grader. 

Give these kids a couple of years and it's going to be interesting. 

Mcnutt is a hold back . He is an elite wrestler and a very good RB.

I just want to see the kids trying hard for the whole game.  Seems like they are just going through the motions, not a lot of fire on Graham's team.  I think they need to find some leaders big time.  

Still plenty of time to gain something positive out of thieir situation.

Fingers need to quit being pointed and they just need to suck it up and play.

On the BDT there was a slideshow of the Richlands/Graham game-- there was one picture that was so telling of the dejection of the G-Men.  It was the one of the Cook kid sitting on the sideline at the end of the game.  It broke my heart.  These boys are going through a tough time right now.  I'm not a follower of Graham football but I am a fan of football and as a Christian always a champion for the underdog. 

I am hoping that these young men and their coaches can get a "second wind" and rebound from these losses.  If the team looks at them as losses and not defeats then they have a good chance of doing that.   Losses are only  a record---defeats last much longer.

I was standing outside of the Grundy locker room last week after the Graham game talking to one of the coaches...this is the back side on the hill where they park the busses...and the kids were in there laughing and carrying on...having a good time...and the coach said "you'd never know we lost...listen to that"...and I said "the fact they are having fun at this point is a great thing"....he said "yes it is"....

Grundy's day will come.

I was standing outside of the Grundy locker room last week after the Graham game talking to one of the coaches...this is the back side on the hill where they park the busses...and the kids were in there laughing and carrying on...having a good time...and the coach said "you'd never know we lost...listen to that"...and I said "the fact they are having fun at this point is a great thing"....he said "yes it is"....

Grundy's day will come.

Even if it never does or the kids there aren't around to see it, it's a good thing they are having fun with it and enjoying their time.  It could be a lot worse where they are just ready to get it done and over with.