(lee vs eastide) (gate city vs bluefield) (union vs burton)

Generalsfan5487

Lee and Union should win easily.  GC/Bluefield may be a better game.  Eastside looks pretty bad at this point.  Burton isn't far behind them.  Injuries hitting Burton hard.  Lost the Perrigan kid before the season started, and he was their only real threat coming out of the backfield, lost a leading receiver in the game with Lee along with some other injuries in that game.  Burton's got a big line, which they aren't used to having, but don't have that speed/quickness to make the jet sweep effective, also got a young qb.

Lee and Union should win easily.  GC/Bluefield may be a better game.  Eastside looks pretty bad at this point.  Burton isn't far behind them.  Injuries hitting Burton hard.  Lost the Perrigan kid before the season started, and he was their only real threat coming out of the backfield, lost a leading receiver in the game with Lee along with some other injuries in that game.  Burton's got a big line, which they aren't used to having, but don't have that speed/quickness to make the jet sweep effective, also got a young qb.

The GC/Bluefield final spread will almost certainly be higher than JIB/Union, and has a fighting chance to top Lee/Central.

The GC/Bluefield final spread will almost certainly be higher than JIB/Union, and has a fighting chance to top Lee/Central.

Don't think so.  Lee should have the highest spread, and then Union over Burton.  I honestly don't think Bluefield is that much better than Gate City.  It's true that Bluefield has put up a lot of points this season...I just question the caliber of the Defenses they have put them up on.  Without the injured player at GC, I'd look at them as the favorite..but they have a big loss to replace on Offense.

Don't think so.  Lee should have the highest spread, and then Union over Burton.  I honestly don't think Bluefield is that much better than Gate City.  It's true that Bluefield has put up a lot of points this season...I just question the caliber of the Defenses they have put them up on.  Without the injured player at GC, I'd look at them as the favorite..but they have a big loss to replace on Offense.

That's why we play the games.  :)

Bluefield over GC. GC will make a game of it for awhile.

Union big over JIB. The Raiders were expected to have a big season but lost their best RB(only big play threat at RB) before the season started and lost their best WR in the Lee game(from what I hear it was a dirty play). Still have a solid D but cant score.

Lee BIG over a pitiful Eastside team. It wont be close after the 1st Quarter

GC hasn't passed the ball very well so far this year, they aren't horrible at it, but they could improve. I was disappointed in them against South. Not the effort, but the execution really left a lot to be desired. Gave up a 3rd and 30 td pass for South's first score. Weiger is legit and passes better than anyone we will see this year, but GC struggled versus the spread a lot more than I thought. Devils were inside the South 25yd line 5 or 6 times and didn't score. The South D gets a lot of that credit, but execution and gameplan were factors. Tons of penalties and turnovers, the second half both teams looked bad. I honestly expected more... with that said, I don't know which team will show up, Bluefield has a great offense, and may gash GC, the best player GC has got hurt late against South, but they have decent depth at the skill positions. We will miss him on D and special teams as much as on offense. With all that said I have to favor Bluefield in this one. GC will fight at Legion, but Bluefield may have too much for them again... I guess that's why they play them though. I look forward to see how it turns out

I just think that Bluefield's speed will just be too much for GC this week.  GC is a very good football team,  but speed kills and Bluefield has plenty.  Bluefield by 2 scores.

But I have been known to be wrong.........actually,  come to think of it,  I'm wrong quite often.....lol

It goes without saying that Gate City is one of the toughest places to place in SWVA, maybe the toughest. I hope the Devils bring the wood and intensity at Beaver tonight because that's the type of challenge Bluefield needs to be molded into a championship caliber squad.