(lee vs eastide) (gate city vs bluefield) (union vs burton)

Generalsfan5487

Bluefield was very good on offense and defense in the first half. 45 is a monster at LB and FB! the QB looked good and threw well the few times they went to the air. He hurt us worse on the ground. Very good offensive team, the second half GC made some adjustments and played well on offense. The Beaver offense was still able to do about anything they wanted in the second half.

I do have a few questions for the Bluefield fans though. What's up with the kicking? Man that may get you beat down the road in the WVa playoffs. I don't understand keeping most of your starters in the entire game ( I could care less about them scoring more, that's on us) but what happens when one of the big players gets hurt when you are up 30? Is that an every game thing?

I thought it was a classy played game, players on both sides showing really good sportsmanship. Congrats to Bluefield on another big win, you folks have a very talented team

GC never has high grass! For the first 45 years we didn't even have grass between the hash marks by the start of the second home game. The wet field... well can't argue that one.

5th down? dropped 2 point conversion? :)

I assume the Bluefield announcers thought they were getting shafted by the refs by your posts, that's funny. The first penalty I thought should have been a no call both were going for the ball, but  contact was there before the ball.

5th down? dropped 2 point conversion? :)

I assume the Bluefield announcers thought they were getting shafted by the refs by your posts, that's funny. The first penalty I thought should have been a no call both were going for the ball, but contact was there before the ball.

well, I just saw the 2 point conversion on WCYB and yep looks like he dropped it! I stand corrected

Bluefield's radio man, Jim Nelson, is the most professional and has the highest integrity of any high school announcer in southern WV and southwest VA. He doesn't give a homer call, he calls it like he sees it. What happens on the field is what he broadcasts over the airwaves. Anyone who knows him or has listened to him will agree 100% with what I've said...