Tazewell vs Chilhowie

old_school

Been to busy playing Destiny on the ps4 to even respond on here! The same Bulldogs team shows up this Friday as the past 3 then there is no chance! Dawgs have a little pay back to take care of after getting screwd out of 28 point come back to take the lead and then lose in the last .03 seconds! How does a clock stop at .03?

My sister's aunt's nephew's grandfather told me that Tazewell is all bark and no bite. Bark on and you may get surprised. Go Panthers. I have to take up for my hogoheegee brothers. Abingdon thought they would get 500 yards too, but only managed in the low 200's. Be careful what you wish for. Hogoheegee football teams will hit you and not back down.

My sister's aunt's nephew's grandfather told me that Tazewell is all bark and no bite. Bark on and you may get surprised. Go Panthers. I have to take up for my hogoheegee brothers. Abingdon thought they would get 500 yards too, but only managed in the low 200's. Be careful what you wish for. Hogoheegee football teams will hit you and not back down.

How do you get that they are all bark when they have averaged over 40 in three games and defensively allowed an average of just over 20.  Also claiming over 400 yds of offense as well.  Plus lets mention the fact that the defense has I believe 5 ints on the year so far and a few forced fumbles as well.  Now they do have some yapping that needs to stop with the unsportsman penalties but otherwise the bite is there I assure you.

I don't really know what Chilhowie has in comparison to last year but the Dogs will be fully motivated for this one and it's been a long while since a homecoming win so the warriors better play flawlessly if they want to match up.

How do you get that they are all bark when they have averaged over 40 in three games and defensively allowed an average of just over 20.  Also claiming over 400 yds of offense as well.  Plus lets mention the fact that the defense has I believe 5 ints on the year so far and a few forced fumbles as well.  Now they do have some yapping that needs to stop with the unsportsman penalties but otherwise the bite is there I assure you.

I don't really know what Chilhowie has in comparison to last year but the Dogs will be fully motivated for this one and it's been a long while since a homecoming win so the warriors better play flawlessly if they want to match up.

he is a Chilhowie fan that is still upset cause Marion beat em he dont have a clue what he is talking about 

he is a Chilhowie fan that is still upset cause Marion beat em he dont have a clue what he is talking about 

Kind of gathered that from the whole family tree relationship he outlined.

I figure in all actuality Tazewell has the capability to finish 10-0 or with the quality of teams we still play the possibility is there to be 3-7, well 4-6.  Grundy I believe is pretty bad.  However I do beleive that we are one of the prime teams in the area this year and anybody that knows me knows that I called this a year ago after being at the Chilhowie game!

Kind of gathered that from the whole family tree relationship he outlined.

I figure in all actuality Tazewell has the capability to finish 10-0 or with the quality of teams we still play the possibility is there to be 3-7, well 4-6.  Grundy I believe is pretty bad.  However I do beleive that we are one of the prime teams in the area this year and anybody that knows me knows that I called this a year ago after being at the Chilhowie game!

I'm looking forward to you guys coming to Marion possibly undefeated I dont think we will win but we have always had good hard hitting games 

Im not saying chilhowie will win but dont go bashing hogo teams when they have beaten you in the past. You should be playing 2A schools instead of 1A schools anyway. Go Panthers...........I love you Marion.

Haven't bashed any team.  I state facts that I see or know.  Last year we should have won that game and it would have been one of the greatest comebacks ever but now it's this year and another chapter in the story.  I can't name all of the Hogo teams off the top of my head but Radford, George Wythe, and Marion are usually very good tough teams.  Chilhowie is no slouch either.  I can't speak of Northwood because have never played them and no nothing about them.  We play most of the 2A schools around and even a few 3A schools.  The 1A teams that we schedule are usually the higher tier and historically tough ones.

I'm looking forward to you guys coming to Marion possibly undefeated I dont think we will win but we have always had good hard hitting games 

I think it will be a good one hopefully will be as good as the win there a few years back, our only win that season!

Haven't bashed any team.  I state facts that I see or know.  Last year we should have won that game and it would have been one of the greatest comebacks ever but now it's this year and another chapter in the story.  I can't name all of the Hogo teams off the top of my head but Radford, George Wythe, and Marion are usually very good tough teams.  Chilhowie is no slouch either.  I can't speak of Northwood because have never played them and no nothing about them.  We play most of the 2A schools around and even a few 3A schools.  The 1A teams that we schedule are usually the higher tier and historically tough ones.

You came back last year because Chilhowie put their JV in and you scored 14 quick points. That is a fact. At least that is what I was told

You came back last year because Chilhowie put their JV in and you scored 14 quick points. That is a fact. At least that is what I was told

The point is every team we play this year is a revenge game being that the last two years have been a struggle for the dawgs. Speaking for the Taz fans on here we are all overly excited and proud of our team for sticking together through their struggles. We are also very aware that they have grown into one of the best squads that our town has seen in years and maybe that is what you are perceiving to be disrespect. So don't get yourself all worked up buddy... It's only football talk.

Try 21 and no the JV was pulled and still got burned.  I'm not disrespecting anything that Chilhowie did or is doing but Tazewell found their positions and their mojo during that game last year.  It was the turning poing of the team believing in itself.

I'm at the game every week every year unless family decides to take a vacation or sickness.  Everybody has their own perspective of course but it makes a big difference being at the game and seeing it first hand.

This is the best team I have seen from Tazewell in all the years I have been following the Dogs.  The whole community is behind the team and believing in them as well.  There is a lot of pride in town more so than usual and it has been long coming.

Im not saying chilhowie will win but dont go bashing hogo teams when they have beaten you in the past. You should be playing 2A schools instead of 1A schools anyway. Go Panthers...........I love you Marion.

Hold on a minute...it's nearly impossible to schedule all 2A teams.  There is not much difference in enrollment between 1A and 2A....they are all pretty much what used to be classified as single A in Virginia.

There are a lot of 1A schools around this area that are better than a lot of 2A school.  That's just an excuse that you can now use if you get beaten.

IF Tazewell had gotten the win last year in this game it would have really changed their season. The kids are hungry for this rematch and feel they owe Chilhowie a little pay back for last year.

I look for them to have their "foot on the gas" tonight and pending some strange, unforeseen circumstances, Tazewell will cruise to a win. We will be without Brewster because of a high ankle sprain but there are a number of players ready to step up and fill in.

Tazewell 50 Chilhowie 20

Good game tonight between these two schools.... It's becoming a good rivalry. I wouldn't doubt if there isn't a few warriors wake up in the morning and question to why their body's hurt the way they do! Dawgs were laying some wood! IMO the game wasn't as close as the score showed! Tazewell pretty much held them in check till late in the 4th.... And if anyone is going to try and tackle Davis, you better make sure you get lower than he does, if not just ask a few of Chilhowie's LB and DB what happens if you don't! Chilhowie has a beast of TE, for a big guy he does an awesome job!

Good game tonight between these two schools.... It's becoming a good rivalry. I wouldn't doubt if there isn't a few warriors wake up in the morning and question to why their body's hurt the way they do! Dawgs were laying some wood! IMO the game wasn't as close as the score showed! Tazewell pretty much held them in check till late in the 4th.... And if anyone is going to try and tackle Davis, you better make sure you get lower than he does, if not just ask a few of Chilhowie's LB and DB what happens if you don't! Chilhowie has a beast of TE, for a big guy he does an awesome job!

Wagner put a hurting on those LBs and DBs in week 1 so you think they would learn to get low

Tazewell showed some vulnerabilities last night.  They shouldn't let these W's get to their head, they have some tough contests coming up.....Marion and Richlands are going to be a dog-fight (No pun intended).  The Dogs had better play these games as if they are 0-4 and not 4-0...Need to stay hungry.

Quick observations:

That TE for Chilhowie is a weapon.  That kind of size and soft hands are impressive.  Tazewell could not cover that drag route all night.

The Tazewell defense suffered because of the offense's success.  When you score quickly, the D never gets much chance to catch it's breath.  Chilhowie ran almost three times as many offensive plays as Tazewell.