Union/Gate City

94 APPY DAWG

We've played both in games that could have went either way. Having said that, GC 2-2 with a killer schedule, not too dissimilar to a Richlands, while Union is 4-0. I think both teams are playoff teams. One has to lose though, and I see GC coming out of this one. 24-20.

Jethro, Jethro.....whatever!

Should be a good ball game and I would love to see this one but I too like Gate City in this one. No doubt Union has a very good football team and they play hard. 

If Gate City is healthy especially at running back. I think Gate City wins by two scores. If Gate City doesn't fall to a bunch of injuries in key positions. I think they will be very tough to handle come November. They are tough to handle now for most!

Gate City-31

Union-21

Union has been without their #1 WR and #1 RB since opening night for the most part (the RB had limited touches last Friday night). Chances are good they could finally have both back this week. They are a little dinged up in the line as well though. Gate City has a slight advantage on the lines, I think...while Union has the advantage at the skill positions. Team speed goes to Union as well. This game can go either way. Union is better than they are given credit for. And, regardless of schedule, Gate City's only win besides Richlands (who both teams have beat) is Abingdon. Given the injuries they have been hit with the past couple weeks, I wonder how much if any the South and Bluefield games will benefit Gate City. Especially so if Rasnick misses much time. No one really knows who each side will end up lining up with or without this Friday, but I suspect the game will be fairly close.

well said beast but imho the number 2 back has shown a lot of heart and ran the ball well and it would be a shame for the starter just to come back without earning it. and the WR from what i have been told probably wont be back for 2 more weeks and not sure bout the LB that had a off the field ankle injury. union has two different teams one that plays 4 quarters and one that plays like they did at richlands and if that team shows up at GC it will be a long night. i can see it going both ways but i think it will come down to turnovers. union 35 GC 30 or if the team that played richland shows up union 14 GC 42

well said beast but imho the number 2 back has shown a lot of heart and ran the ball well and it would be a shame for the starter just to come back without earning it. and the WR from what i have been told probably wont be back for 2 more weeks and not sure bout the LB that had a off the field ankle injury. union has two different teams one that plays 4 quarters and one that plays like they did at richlands and if that team shows up at GC it will be a long night. i can see it going both ways but i think it will come down to turnovers. union 35 GC 30 or if the team that played richland shows up union 14 GC 42

Not taking away from #27 at all...Union needs to find a way to keep both backs on the field 50% of the time IMO...might call for a little more out of the T.

Union's schedule isn't tough. 2 Cumberland teams, 1 awful NETN team, and a Richlands team that was beat up by Gate City. I'm only picking Union cause I hate Gate City.

clintwood may be  in cumberland,,,,,,no distrespect, but they had to make their schedule,   due to consolidation.....or what was dealt them......

would be nice to see more T being a old bulldog but i feel the spread will be more effective against GC 20 is a great player and has more speed than 27 so maybe they can mix it up and make something happen. as far as the schedule Jethro as a new school they had to get who they could its not like you can call a school and schedule a game they had to pick up teams that had dates open. may be wrong but i heard the contract with norton was up this year and not going to be playing them next year but either way dont see it as a easy schedule at all and only gets tougher from here on out

I really don't think some of you realize just how good the two teams Gate City has played.  1 of them is ranked 4th in Tennessee in AAAA ball and the other is ranked 1st in West Virginia in AA ball.  Gate City didn't just play two good or pretty solid teams, they just played two potential state champions.  That's how good the two teams Gate City has played are. 

Gate City 27, Union, 24

I have to agree with how good the 2 teams were that GC just played.  Richlands is going to find out how good Bluefield is next week,  and to be that highly rated in 4A Tnn shows how good that team is.  Union has played a pretty good schedule itself,  but not quite what GC has played,  but Union is well coached and a very good football team.  Union's QB had a tough time throwing the ball in Richlands in the 1st half,  but in the 2nd half he started to run and he had some big & important runs that helped them pull out that game, and their receivers made some big plays to score and make 1st downs.

I don't know how their QB will do against GC,  but if he throws a little better from the start and is able to do a little running like in the Blues game,  they may be able to keep it close or surprise some.   But with the game being at GC I think the Devils pull out a close win.  But i wont be surprised regardless who wins this game.

I'll go with 28 to 21 GC though.

No it wasn't even close. That game was won and lost on the LOS. Union came in thin on the line on both sides of the ball and left thinner. Hats off to GC...they were much better prepared and their execution was much better as well. Hope to see you guys again later in the year for round 2.