Union/Gate City

94 APPY DAWG

I'm new to the forum and an LPD homer as well. If you weren't PV/Appy/GC and Clintwood then you weren't even part of the conversation when talking SWVA football. I don't think the system is stacked but I bet it'll be a minimum of 6 years before any school around here hoists another state trophy, Honaker included!!!! Look at J.I.B. always the bridesmaid but never a bride!

Would be surprised if Giles didn't repeat.

If you state "the playoffs are stacked against X", and your definition of X is about 1/7 of what X actually is, then you're going to catch some well-warranted criticism about your unreasonable blanket statement.

i went to appalachia in case you didnt read that so i dont know what X and 1/7 mean hahahahaha you all are a blast so sensitive dawg 4 life has it right at least someone on here understands thank thought i was going to have to get a crayon and napkin and draw a picture 

SWVA has been decent (not great, but decent) in terms of Division 1 (A). It's in Division 2 (AA) and Division 3 (AAA) where the East has just owned the West over the last decade. And it's little more than (1) mule-headedness among SWVA coaches in terms of training and the direction of football and (2) lack of participation among some of the best athletes.

finally something i can agree on with some good point made. i been having fun with this but it has got out of hand so i will not keep playing around with yall. its all in fun not meant to make anyone mad so can we get back to some football? who are the good games to watch this week in the west and does anyone know anything about middlesboro ky and who does GC play this week

If you state "the playoffs are stacked against X", and your definition of X is about 1/7 of what X actually is, then you're going to catch some well-warranted criticism about your unreasonable blanket statement.

Man I flunked pre-algebra and all that scientific math. What are you talking about? I'm a country boy so talk to me in hick terms! Then again you can't be all that bright if you're a UVA observer. They haven't put anything on the field worth observing since the Thomas Jones years!

not missing them if you could read you would see that if not lee wise or scott county i dont care what teams in tazwell russel buccannan dickenson washington smyth and wythe do. take a blood pressure pill and chill out you follow who u want to watch and i will follow who i want and thats that. have a nice day

A: I can read more than fine. Yet, with your absolute lack of any grammatical structure and punctuation to your post, it is hard to read.

B: You profess yourself as a LPD homer, yet you don't consider Dickenson county as part of your definition of SWVA football. Last I checked, Clintwood was a large part of the success of that district.

C: I am very "chill." And I have no need for any pills, seeing as I am a member of the straight edge movement. If you don't know what that is, Google it.

D: If you are going to say "the playoff format is stacked against the west", you better be ready to realize that there are 20+ teams in A and 20+ in AA that are west schools. Your beloved LPD schools aren't the only teams playing on this end of the state.

i went to appalachia in case you didnt read that so i dont know what X and 1/7 mean hahahahaha you all are a blast so sensitive dawg 4 life has it right at least someone on here understands thank thought i was going to have to get a crayon and napkin and draw a picture

I apologize if I misinterpret something, but I'm not quite sure this post I just read was actually English. But I will try to decipher.

You're not gonna believe this, but I think your screen name gives it away to everyone that you're from Appalachia. Congrats. Have a cookie. I don't think anyone thought you went to Appalachian State, and just got the mascot mixed up. So there.

And taking pride in not being able to follow rudimentary logic...probably not a good sign. That concerns me. I don't know if I trust you with crayons and napkins yet.

Ahh youre a LPD lover who is stuck in the 90s, if PV/Appy/GC arent winning state titles every other year then the system must be stacked against them. The rest of SWVA cant help it if PV and Appy decided to suck before they closed and Union has done no better since they opened, GC has been in a bit of a valley talent wise. 

I think overall the rest of SWVA is happy with the new system. 

This.

I loved the days of the LPD. I miss the fact that back in the 90s, that LPD champion meant nothing short of State Runner-up. But those days are over. It was a fun ride. 

Powell Valley began a slow, downward spiral in 2005. Appalachia was several steps below. Powell Valley began doing just enough to make the playoffs, only to be served a very early exit at the hands of Gate City.

Union did just enough to win the games they won their first year in 2011. They were pretty good in 2012 and 2013. That said, they didn't really improve as the season progressed through both seasons. At or after game 5, they would go on autopilot and get progressively worse as the season passed. Complacency. This season, they have overachieved. Late game heroics put them on the right end of the scoreboard against Richlands both this season and last season. That plus luck and Richlands mistakes. Richlands had them CRUSHED at the beginning of 4th quarter. Good job to my Bears for taking advantage of everything that went their way. 

Union made plenty of mistakes against Gate City. Without those mistakes, though I wasn't there, it still would have been 2 or 3 touchdowns in favor of Gate City, whose 2 losses were to a loaded team in Tennessee and one in West Virginia.

Powell Valley and Appalachia, by themselves, would probably only be winning 5 games at most during the season. Maybe not even that.

This new system was designed to help US from the west to end up with more fair match ups.

Man I flunked pre-algebra and all that scientific math. What are you talking about? I'm a country boy so talk to me in hick terms! Then again you can't be all that bright if you're a UVA observer. They haven't put anything on the field worth observing since the Thomas Jones years!

LOL, well played.

But 2002, 2004, and 2007 were every bit as good as Thomas's years. :)

Man I flunked pre-algebra and all that scientific math. What are you talking about? I'm a country boy so talk to me in hick terms! Then again you can't be all that bright if you're a UVA observer. They haven't put anything on the field worth observing since the Thomas Jones years!

I, too, am a country boy. God-fearing at that. I don't know about your situation in math and science but let's not further the stereotype that the east has of us.

I, too, am a country boy. God-fearing at that. I don't know about your situation in math and science but let's not further the stereotype that the east has of us.

Well we used to could punch them in the mouth and knock their d*** in the dirt to change their perception on the field but haven't done that in a while!

Well we used to could punch them in the mouth and knock their d*** in the dirt to change their perception on the field but haven't done that in a while!

There's still plenty of teams down here that do just that if you aren't narrow minded and follow all of SWVA. Ask Brookville how soft Richlands was in 2009.

Well we used to could punch them in the mouth and knock their d*** in the dirt to change their perception on the field but haven't done that in a while!

You used to be able to beat them, yes. 

I'll be very surprised not to see Gate City contend for state this season and/or next season. I would not be surprised for Giles to repeat. I wouldn't be particularly surprised to see Honaker in the 1A conversation. Perhaps Haysi could make a deep run in the 1A playoffs once more.

My point is that the West, in fact, does stand a chance of hoisting another state trophy this season and/or next season.

A: I can read more than fine. Yet, with your absolute lack of any grammatical structure and punctuation to your post, it is hard to read.

B: You profess yourself as a LPD homer, yet you don't consider Dickenson county as part of your definition of SWVA football. Last I checked, Clintwood was a large part of the success of thay district.

C: I am very "chill." And I have no need for any pills, seeing as I am a member of the straight edge movement. If you don't know what that is, Google it.

D: If you are going to say "the playoff format is stacked against the west", you better be ready to realize that there are 20+ teams in A and 20+ in AA that are west schools. Your beloved LPD schools aren't the only teams playing on this end of the state.

In reference to your little statement about beloved LPD teams, please tell me the last time a non-LPD team won state from this end. Not including Gate City. Ready, set, go! You may get off the porch but all you're doing is yapping!

I apologize if I misinterpret something, but I'm not quite sure this post I just read was actually English. But I will try to decipher.

You're not gonna believe this, but I think your screen name gives it away to everyone that you're from Appalachia. Congrats. Have a cookie. I don't think anyone thought you went to Appalachian State, and just got the mascot mixed up. So there.

And taking pride in not being able to follow rudimentary logic...probably not a good sign. That concerns me. I don't know if I trust you with crayons and napkins

apology accepted i will over look your ignorance this time but don't let it happen again 

In reference to your little statement about beloved LPD teams, please tell me the last time a non-LPD team won state from this end. Not including Gate City. Ready, set, go! You may get off the porch but all you're doing is yapping!

Giles 2013. George Wythe 2012. Richlands 2006. There's 3 in the last 8 years. I'm sure there's more.

How many does the LPD have in the last 8 years?

Giles 2013. George Wythe 2011. Richlands 2006. There's 3 in the last 8 years. I'm sure there's more.

How many does the LPD have in the last 8 years?

Giles 2005. That's one more non-LPD team in the last 10 years.

LPD has 1 in the last 8 years. That would be Clintwood in 2011. I think you mean 2012 for George Wythe but still, point taken.

LPD had been on a big decline from 1999 through the end.

B: You profess yourself as a LPD homer, yet you don't consider Dickenson county as part of your definition of SWVA football. Last I checked, Clintwood was a large part of the success of thay district.

YOU ARE RIGHT NONE OF THE LPD TEAMS WILL BE PLAYING BECAUSE THE LPD DOES NOT EXIST ANY MORE GENIUS. YOU NEED TO BE IN A MOVEMENT OF SOME SORT IF YOU ARE A VT FAN MAYBE A MOVE TO A WINNING TEAM SO TAKE YOUR GRAMMATICAL STRUCTURE AND PUNCTUATION AND SHOVE IT 

YOU ARE RIGHT NONE OF THE LPD TEAMS WILL BE PLAYING BECAUSE THE LPD DOES NOT EXIST ANY MORE GENIUS. YOU NEED TO BE IN A MOVEMENT OF SOME SORT IF YOU ARE A VT FAN MAYBE A MOVE TO A WINNING TEAM SO TAKE YOUR HOW GRAMMATICAL STRUCTURE AND PUNCTUATION AND SHOVE IT 

You are so dense. It honestly is comical. Those LPD teams are still playing for the most part. Obviously consolidation got some schools, but the others still play ball in a different district. Those are still the teams you are talking about. 

You have 17 posts on this board, and none of them bring any real insight to discussion. Keep making enemies and your stay may be short lived. Just a friendly heads up, pal.

There's 4 in the last 9 years. If we count Gate City, there's more.

Yeah. I meant 2012. Finger is too big on this phone. Haha.

When they began state champions in 1970, here are all the state trophies for the LPD.

1971 Appalachia Class A

1972 John I. Burton Class A

1974 Clintwood Class A

1975 Clintwood Class A

1978 Clintwood Class A

1981 JJ Kelly Class A

1982 Powell Valley Class A

1985 Powell Valley Class A

1989 Powell Valley Division 2, Appalachia Division 1

1990 Powell Valley Division 2

1992 Appalachia Division 1

1994 Powell Valley Division 2, Appalachia Division 1

1995 Powell Valley Division 2

1996 Appalachia Division 1

1997 Powell Valley Division 2, Appalachia Division 1

1998 Powell Valley Division 2

2003 Gate City Division 2

2011 Clintwood Division 1.

In the 21st Century, the LPD went almost NIL with state trophies. Gate City kept that from happening in 2003 and Clintwood added the last one in 2011.

YOU ARE RIGHT NONE OF THE LPD TEAMS WILL BE PLAYING BECAUSE THE LPD DOES NOT EXIST ANY MORE GENIUS. YOU NEED TO BE IN A MOVEMENT OF SOME SORT IF YOU ARE A VT FAN MAYBE A MOVE TO A WINNING TEAM SO TAKE YOUR GRAMMATICAL STRUCTURE AND PUNCTUATION AND SHOVE IT 

I might add that although I live in Appalachia and that practically my whole family is from there, I am actually from Big Stone Gap and went to Powell Valley. My dad, who played football for Appalachia in the 70s, and my mom, who cheered and participated in marching band in the 70s, sent my siblings and me to Powell Valley. Although I just typed a run-on sentence, I can form coherent sentences unlike this guy I am quoting.

I might add that although I live in Appalachia and that practically my whole family is from there, I am actually from Big Stone Gap and went to Powell Valley. My dad, who played football for Appalachia in the 70s, and my mom, who cheered and participated in marching band in the 70s, sent my siblings and me to Powell Valley. Although I just typed a run-on sentence, I can form coherent sentences unlike this guy I am quoting.

There is always a bad apple in every bunch.

You are so dense. It honestly is comical. Those LPD teams are still playing for the most part. Obviously consolidation got some schools, but the others still play ball in a different district. Those are still the teams you are talking about. 

You have 17 posts on this board, and none of them bring any real insight to discussion. Keep making enemies and your stay may be short lived. Just a friendly heads up, pal

Norton and GC will be the only 2 left next year if I'm mistaken. I am not trying to make enemies. My whole point before i started leaving out commas or period marks and all the college professors on here try to make it a english class was that the teams i follow in my area have a long road ahead to make a state appearance but no i didn't mention some team in dickenson county or wyth and I'm the bad guy. I will not sit back and let people try to degrade me and not stand up for myself.Go back and look i tried to let it go but you all just had to keep on with the grammatical crap. I am done with this post as i said earlier. What are the games to watch this week and who does GC play and does anyone know anything about Middlesboro KY. If not then please refrain from provoking me. Thanks and i even used a couple capital letters, periods, and apostrophes.