Should Frank Beamer Retire? He just can't get over the hump

It just seems like he can't get over the hump and it doesn't look like VT is going to do anything special like they did in the earlier years.  I was curious as to the thoughts of Hokie fans about this.  I think he should retire at seasons end.  I love the idea of allowing him to wait as long as he wants or for him to go out on his own, but his staying actually appears to be possibly hurting the program at this point. 

I think he should leave when he is ready to. Without Beamer VT football would be nothing and we would all be Wahoos! That said, I think he should retire; its the responsible move and the program is in a good place.

I dont know if the program will really advance as long as he is there. When Beamer leaves the job is Fosters

When Beamer leaves the job is Fosters

I actually don't think that is the case. Babcock has shown with his hires that he will go get a coach. I definitely feel that Foster would be on the list, but he would certainly bring in a few other names to make it interesting. 

Be careful what you wish for!  Prior to Beamer, and even his first few seasons, VT football was a joke.  Every career comes to an end at some point but don't forget where VT football came from!  You could easily be right back in the midst of a 3 win per season average.

Unless Babcock absolutely nails the next hire, this is precisely where VT will be.  UVA used to be ranked #1 at one point.  Look where we are now.  The exact same can and will happen to VT if the next hire is in any way NOT "the man".

I don't think VT will have their cake and eat it too with Foster.  I think VT either makes Foster the HC or loses him entirely.  He's shown an interest, and he's paid more than his share of dues.  I cannot see him taking too kindly for someone else to come in who doesn't have his experience.  

I don't envy the pressure on Babcock to find a suitable replacement for Beamer.

Unless Babcock absolutely nails the next hire, this is precisely where VT will be.  UVA used to be ranked #1 at one point.  Look where we are now.  The exact same can and will happen to VT if the next hire is in any way NOT "the man".

I don't think VT will have their cake and eat it too with Foster.  I think VT either makes Foster the HC or loses him entirely.  He's shown an interest, and he's paid more than his share of dues.  I cannot see him taking too kindly for someone else to come in who doesn't have his experience.  

I don't envy the pressure on Babcock to find a suitable replacement for Beamer.

I don't see Foster as a tried and true #1.  I could be wrong but I see him as more of a Mike Stoops type.  Very good #2 but just not a #1.

Don't you boys worry, Mr. Babcock will take care of things when Frank decides its time to step down.  VT will be in good hands post-Beamer...

That's the kind of info you get when you rub elbows with the new AD and the man that caused Frank Beamer to utter his famous quote, "you're out of whack"...UVAO knows what I'm talking about...

GMan, some of us just don't move in the rarified crowds you do.

BTW, E. Carolina maimed UNC on Sat. and better on the field decision making and not losing yard on a screen on 2nd and four changes Sat. outcome.  I don't think the glass is nearly as empty as some.  Young core players, and inexperience in the no huddle are factors.