Tazewell @ George Wythe

dawgpound

I agree with old_school, a loss in the next two weeks would not be surprising. With that said there isn't a reason that they shouldn't win them. What concers me as much as anything about he Marion game is looking ahead to the following week. Now I'm not downplaying Marion in the least because they are a good team. It just goes to say they need to make sure and keep their A game each and every week.

I was talking to someone last night from Wytheville and they said their team is still looking for their identity and have a long way to go. Let's just hope they don't find it for at least another week!

I would agree completely with your Wytheville source there. I honestly don't know what to expect out of our team Friday, but I know Tazewell will be tough to beat even if we do find some rhythm

I think Tazewell is just too good of a football team right now to loose to GW this year.  I know how good GW is usually,  but they have been having a bit of a tough time this year,  but with the game at GW  it could be a close game for a while,  but the Bulldogs pull away in the end and win  34 to 20.

I don't want a loss to come at all! But they seem to be getting cocky at times... May even just be the teenage boy in them. Lord knows we were cocky, but hell we hadn't won a damn game in two years! They have to get them heads out of the clouds! Winning is new to these guys!

"

"But they seem to be getting cocky at times..."

Yes they are and everytime I talk to one I just add fuel to the fire. I tell them all the time there is no way that Richlands can beat them this year. LOLOL

I don't want a loss to come at all! But they seem to be getting cocky at times... May even just be the teenage boy in them. Lord knows we were cocky, but hell we hadn't won a damn game in two years! They have to get them heads out of the clouds! Winning is new to these guys!

I would agree to many personal/unsportsman penalties over the past several games.  At least they held it to just one against Chilhowie and hopefully the comeback that they tried knocked some of that out of them.

Heck of a game Bulldogs. Both teams really brought it and played physical. You guys have a great thing brewing over there.

Good luck the rest of the way. You guys made a lot of fans over here in Wytheville.

Was at the game. A couple of big non calls when Tazewell was driving late I think played a major role in the outcome. GW defenders were draped all over Tazewells receivers on 2 consecutive plays on a 3rd and 4th down. It was blatantly obvious and nothing was called. 3 turnovers by Tazewell didn't help matters either. Tazewells receivers were wide open all night long...Oh well. GW showed heart in the comeback. Congrats to them.

I think myself, stu_bean and bulldogs52 all saw this coming. Next week will not be any different if the attitudes stay the same. Like I said, winning is new to these kids and they aren't seasoned on how to play from being down.

Look for Marion to give us a heck of a game next week as well and maybe another loss. I certainly hope not but I can see it happening.

Congrats to GW, I knew the talent was there and the speed showed up last night. Good Luck the rest of your season.

Was at the game. A couple of big non calls when Tazewell was driving late I think played a major role in the outcome. GW defenders were draped all over Tazewells receivers on 2 consecutive plays on a 3rd and 4th down. It was blatantly obvious and nothing was called. 3 turnovers by Tazewell didn't help matters either. Tazewells receivers were wide open all night long...Oh well. GW showed heart in the comeback. Congrats to them.

Dead on not to mention the non holding calls they had on their next to last td. Even with that said the problems were GW was running he same play over and over and they didn't stop it. Plus the fact that two receivers were continuously given an 8 yd cushion. Should have lit up the short passing game all night.

I think it was the perfect loss as far as getting the players heads back to the ground and in the game before two very tough physical games.

Kudos to GW for making their halftime adjustment and doing what it takes. Their program should be back in place soon enough.

Great to see all the fans there, now let's all get ready to cross the mountains and show the same support!

There was some bad no calls. I agree with stu_bean, it was the perfect loss to hopefully get back on track.

My thoughts, It's hard to be hungry when you are full.

Starting 4-0 filled this team up and they have got to be hungry all year to keep playing like they did the first games.

Stu makes some good points. I thought the short passing game was open all night long. When GW started stopping Tazewells rush game. I thought Tazewell should have stuck with the short passes, rather than try to throw it deep so much.(although there were a couple of dropped passes and some blatant no-calls). The qb made some bad throws, but he made some good ones too... I just think that Tazewell could have won this game but made some mistakes and let it slip away, You can't do those kind of things against good teams and expect to win. The no calls certainly hurt...and getting no points out of first and goal in the 3rd quarter hurt as well...A sack and couple of penalties to get them out of scoring position...Also, I believe the kicking game needs to improve.... 3 extra points, plus twice in fg range..but they had to go for it on 4th down left 9 points off the board.... They lost by 8.