northwood

uvahooelse

I maintain that this is Northwood's year. The last time the Panthers beat Chilhowie was 2003 and that year they rolled to a 9-1 record. But you are correct, Chilhowie will not go down easily

Northwood 31

Chilhowie   21

Being a Panther since 1987 I can say I am proud of them but I do think all the Saltville folks have them overrated. They play in a very weak Hogo and play a weaker non district schedule I hope they continue to win but supporters needs to put the brakes on crowning them Champs of anything just yet.

Northwood took Chilhowie behind the wood shed Friday night. Northwood was the best team, better prepared, and better coached. The big Olinger back was injured in the 2nd half. I hope he is OK. He is a horse for NW. As for Chilhowie, enough about a tough schedule. B. S. Chilhowie fans are getting restless with Robinson.Chilhowie is a top football program in SWVA, but their record is below .500 since Robinson took over....8-9. Participation is down, and frustration is growing. After last year, fans thought things were back to the level of old hard nose Chilhowie football. But this year has been very disappointing to say the least. Looks like Chilhowie will be hard pressed to make the playoffs this year. The program appears to be headed south. Just my thoughts.

Big win for Northwood High School.  It's good to see a small school taking it to the larger schools.  Looking at their remaining schedule, I think they go undefeated this year which would make them out point Honaker for the number 1 spot.  Just my analysis.  

NW, Honaker, FC and Haysi will be in a tight race for 1st. Looking at the remaning schedules,

NW will have all they want with GW..

Haysi will have their hands full w Hurley(the Rebs will be motivated) and Honaker will be tough as always.

Honaker will have their hands full with Hurley and Clintwood(Clintwood could pull the upset) and Haysi.

FC probably loses to Thomasville and wins the rest(9-1, not bad for a team that "lost a lot" and their coaching staff)

Things are starting to get interesting.

p.s. will GW be this years Galax? The team that started off slow but no one wants to see in the playoffs?

NW, Honaker, FC and Haysi will be in a tight race for 1st. Looking at the remaning schedules,

NW will have all they want with GW..

Haysi will have their hands full w Hurley(the Rebs will be motivated) and Honaker will be tough as always.

Honaker will have their hands full with Hurley and Clintwood(Clintwood could pull the upset) and Haysi.

FC probably loses to Thomasville and wins the rest(9-1, not bad for a team that "lost a lot" and their coaching staff)

Things are starting to get interesting.

p.s. will GW be this years Galax? The team that started off slow but no one wants to see in the playoffs?

Thomasville is 0-5 so I don't think Fort loses that game 

Thomasville always starts out 1-4 0-5 or so the first half of the year.  Look at their schedule it is loaded with much bigger schools, don't underestimate them because of the record.

I think this game could go either way. Thomasville has played 3 4a schools 1 2a and 1 1a. Their combined record is 25-4 with the 1a school having a good chance at playing for a state title.I live in NC but my heart will always be in VA and always pull for VA teams over anyone. So I do hope Ft wins and I think they will but it wouldn't surprise me if Tville pulls it out.