9-26-14 Week 5 Updates

Ryan4VT

That was PVs first year they won a state title. Hurley had a damn fine team that year.

It was a slobber knocker of a game. It was Hurley's first appearance in the playoffs since 1952 and it was crowded. PV brought a heck of a lot of fans. I still think it was the largest crowd to ever attend a Hurley football game.

It was a slobber knocker of a game. It was Hurley's first appearance in the playoffs since 1952 and it was crowded. PV brought a heck of a lot of fans. I still think it was the largest crowd to ever attend a Hurley football game.

I just found something interesting about 1952 last week.  The Rebs played @ Glade Spring on Nov. 7th, but had been scheduled to play @ Elkhorn City that day.

That game was cancelled after EC was suspended by the KHSAA for 30 days on 10/19 for sportsmanship rule violations -  coach Bill Benedett took his kids to the bus in the 3rd quarter of their 9/12 game vs. Garden.at Vansant.  EC had 140 penalty yards and had just had an INT overturned..

Has Grundy ever given up this many points through 5 games? Unless my math is off its like 225 ish? 

28, 41, 66, 40 & 50 = 225

Started 06 w/ 221 PA to Clintwood (40), Richlands (48), Bluefield (60), Shelby Valley (20) & Graham (53)
Closed out 67 w/ 279 PA to Marion (46), Andrew Lewis (Salem) (55), Richlands (58), Tazewell (60) & William Fleming (60).

I just found something interesting about 1952 last week.  The Rebs played @ Glade Spring on Nov. 7th, but had been scheduled to play @ Elkhorn City that day.

That game was cancelled after EC was suspended by the KHSAA for 30 days on 10/19 for sportsmanship rule violations -  coach Bill Benedett took his kids to the bus in the 3rd quarter of their 9/12 game vs. Garden.at Vansant.  EC had 140 penalty yards and had just had an INT overturned..

I have never heard that story before now. Interesting tidbit and that is why you are the man Helper!!!!