Bluefield @ Richlands

Nadoball

The game being at home gives Riclands a chance and because the game is at Richlands it's the toughest game remaining on Bluefield's schedule outside of @Wayne to end the year. With that being said, if Bluefield hopes to contend for a state title in WV they must handle Richlands because they will see much better teams in WV AA come deeper playoff rounds.

The key to this game is to hold the ball. Speed doesn't mean a damn thing if they don't have the ball. Bluefield will score. But it's up to Richlands to hold the ball and make that defense tired and the offense stay out of rhythm. I think Richlands keeps it close. At halftime last year we were only down 7. Don't be too surprised when this game is closer than the "experts" think.

Only way Richlands has a chance is if they open up their passing game. Bluefield has an excellent rushing defense so there will likely be no holding the ball to keep it out of their hands. Match them touchdown for touchdown and hope for a Bluefield turnover or two.

You're welcome. But seriously, they have the 2 fastest kids in WV and their line is huge. Their FB is bigger than anyone on Richlands' team. Sorry, just being truthful. If you guys are within 21 points I'll be shocked. One turnover and it's over.

Bluefield will romp Richlands. Look what they did to Gate City who beat Richlands by 2 scores. Beavers 48 Blues 21

Were you at that game? Oh, wait. That's right. You weren't. Game was much closer than the final score. We also lost our number 1 WR for the year in that game, and our offensive gameplan was built around him. If a few things go the other way, Richlands wins that game. Also, if the two teams met next week, Id take Richlands.

You're welcome. But seriously, they have the 2 fastest kids in WV and their line is huge. Their FB is bigger than anyone on Richlands' team. Sorry, just being truthful. If you guys are within 21 points I'll be shocked. One turnover and it's over.

Yes they are a big favorite and well deserved I might add. I just think we will make a better game of it than most think. They have the better athletes but we will give it a good shot. The speed worries me more than anything else.

I think it will be close the game last year was played with the starting qb and rb out for the blues I also heard today faris will be back this week or next that will help dose anyone remember graham put 40+ on bluefield this year how much did they score on Richlands umm 0 think it will be a 7 point game

I worry about Bluefield's defense.  Maybe they just let up on teams, but I've listened to each game, and as the game wears on, Bluefield's defense seems to start springing some leaks.  I think the key for Bluefield is to score 30+ by halftime (if possible) and at least try to keep Richlands from scoring on a couple of possessions in the second half.  I suspect that may be enough.

I feel like we see the same script for Bluefield each year...ripping through most of the regular season with 50,60 points a game, only to run into a buzzsaw at the end with Wayne and some of the north central teams.

This will be a good measuring stick for Bluefield.  I pick Bluefield to win, but only by 7-10 points.  I am going to guess 38-28 Bluefield.

Richlands is considered the underdog in this game...no different than the LBotty game. There is one major difference in this game...Bluefield is ranked #1 in AA in the state of WV. I know Mance and his staff respect Simon and his staff for all of their success with the Bluefield program.

Let others be the pundits regarding this game. (Mr. J. 'troll' is doing what he does best). So what, if others say we'll be beaten by 20, 30, or more points...the game will be played on the field ... not on a message board.

Both coaching staffs will have their teams ready to play Friday night...I'm hoping for a Richlands win and I know the Beaver fans hope they win...just as it should be. Two good football programs on a Friday night under the lights...does it get any better???

1-  Graham was a different team when they played Bluefield.  A lot of Graham's TDs came while picking on a kid who was playing his first game at the high school level.  That young man has gotten a lot better in the last four weeks.  Graham, on the other hand, is not as good as they were in the pre-season or Game 1.  Bluefield got Graham's best shot, Richlands got a Graham team that was down and had zero confidence.  I also think that the younger Simon, who was coaching the Beavers during the Graham game, was letting Graham score so Bluefield could score more...seriously think he wanted to hang 80 on Graham regardless of how many points Graham scored.

2-  Bluefield's defense looks "weaker" than it really is:  a)  See #1, and b) a lot of the points scored on Bluefield, especially in the last two games, were scored in the second half, after the game was decided, and after the Beavers began putting some subs in on defense.

3-  You can't teach speed and Bluefield has plenty...

4-  You worry about slowing the speed on the corners and they'll steamroll you with a huge FB who isn't slow...

5-  Bluefield throws the ball just enough that if you are worried about the run, you'll get burned with the pass...

6-  Richlands has improved as the season has gone on but I think Bluefield wins this one by a couple of TDs or more...

From everyone I've talked to that have watch a beaver game say their pass d is weak and I think we can open the run game up with that I know it will be a packed house get there early and maybe we will see a nail bitter like a few years ago in Richlands