Bluefield @ Richlands

Nadoball

just a little nugget to add new schedules next season how many think the beavers keep the blues I know we all hope so but history says no ?????

Last time Richlands and Bluefield stopped playing each other it left Bluefield with a 9 game regular season if I recall correctly. And being that Bluefield still has trouble filling their schedule year after year I imagine chances are good.

No offense to my cohorts up in Richlands, but I saw both teams and I cannot see Richlands winning. I don't normally say things like this, but I told the guys I was sitting with during warmups it was going to be ugly. I realize all the speed is THE factor, but the Beavers have really good size. Coppola is a beast and he can run, the QB is good and can run and throw just fine. When the Blues load the box as GC did Simon will drop a hot pass and they will be turning around in the endzone handing it to the ref for the extra point. Then in the second half they just keep handing off to the "fast" guys and you look one way and they have scored on the other side.

GC did a lot better on offense in the second half and actually ran the ball well, and maybe Richlands can open up better on offense than GC did and throw the ball well early. I was never totally sure if GC actually stopped them some or they were just running right up the middle and trying to run the clock in the second half. I felt like they actually got bored in the second and just wanted to get it over with, and maybe that adds to the lack of defense.

I don't think Bluefield has any depth, so that may just be some fatigue. They cannot kick at all compared to most teams I saw, and that could get them beat if anyone can actually manage to score 70 and stay with them.

Richlands has had a good turn around...they beat a solid LB team, but Graham and V High appear to be somewhat sub par this season.  I read earlier in the season that Richlands was playing the best opponent they would face when they played Lord Botetourt, not sure who said that....but it was off by a long shot.....Bluefield is the real deal and I think they have something to prove on friday night.  I don't look for them to let up on the gas, at all....  They win big.  I agree with a lot of the observations on here....Bluefield has good size and good speed and can and will score a lot...Richlands best chance is to control the ball and play keep away....still yet, Bluefield can score in just a couple of plays.

Legend is probably right on all of his observations. I will add that Richlands passing game has steadily improved and much better than when we played Gate City.

But I'm the idiot for saying it. . .

Why is physical factor being brought up? Gate City was more physical than Richlands in week 1 and we all know what happened to Gate City against Bluefield.

How do you know Gate City was tougher? You weren't there.

Someone tell Freddy to take it easy on richlands since they're missing Graham's best wide receiver!

Freddie will never take it easy on anybody much less Mance! They are pretty good friends but love to just rub it in. If Bluefield can score 70 he will not let up..... is the way I see it.

I hope they don't score at all....lol

Bluefield has a starter at corner banged up and may not be 100% if he plays.  Also, I'm hearing of a suspended starter for the Beavers at one of the skill positions.

The weather is going to take away any advantage either team has now.  It's going to be a dog fight to the bitter end.  Go Beavers!