VHSL 1st SET of Rankings after week 5

trublue

I knew someone from Gate City would have to "explain" that they only had a few TN transplants.  Legend, I am not knocking Gate City for having more than a few TN kids on the roster:  I only wish we could emulate your success in that area!  Kudos to you for working within a system that allows such maneuvering!  Never said Gate City recruits anyone. I seriously doubt that actual recruiting goes on.  But I do not care if they did or do.  As long as the kid goes to school and passes the requisite courses I could not care less where he plays!  I would just like VHS to get with the program!

If any of the parents of those THS 2nd/3rd stringers are considering relocation (wink, wink); remember that the VA sales tax is less than TN! 

I knew someone from Gate City would have to "explain" that they only had a few TN transplants.  Legend, I am not knocking Gate City for having more than a few TN kids on the roster:  I only wish we could emulate your success in that area!  Kudos to you for working within a system that allows such maneuvering!  Never said Gate City recruits anyone. I seriously doubt that actual recruiting goes on.  But I do not care if they did or do.  As long as the kid goes to school and passes the requisite courses I could not care less where he plays!  I would just like VHS to get with the program!

If any of the parents of those THS 2nd/3rd stringers are considering relocation (wink, wink); remember that the VA sales tax is less than TN!

No income tax in TN. And more than enough in Bristol and Abingdon to buy. ;)

gotta work on those exchange students, Twin Springs tends to get one every 4-5 years that is 6'8" from the area formerly known as Yugoslavia and just happens to play basketball.

Bob,

Maybe you can sponser a kid from the Dominican Republic who just happens to throw 98 and plays shortstop..

Right now it would be Marion 19.00 union 18.60 and do not see Marion losing any more game

I think Tazewell and Union will both beat Marion, maybe even Abingdon too. Coming into the year, I thought VHS could, but it's not looking pretty at Exit 3

Legend, we get enough in-state transfers to keep baseball at/near the top.  What we need are football players.  UVAO...you are killing me!  Was not supposed to let the cat out of the bag about the income tax thing!  Dang it!

Jethro, Jethro, Jethro...you continue to prove yourself an idiot.  Mountaineer Man (10-E-C) is my brother.  He likes the CMD board.  I like this one.  We agreed that he would stay there, I would stay here.  Though we do work together and often share an office, the similarities end there.  I am much better looking and smarter.  He is much bigger and more athletic (although that is questionable IMHO)! 

I like transfers especially if we get them.  Just wish we had more of them and less of you!