Fort

Single A west

Coach hale is a terrible coach and what is so bad is he thinks his knowledge of football is on a higher level than any other coach and will not listen to any of his assistants. He will destroy what has been built.

Sounds familiar....welcome to the club...

• 2 weeks later...

This seems to be a growing trend with coaches these days... Had a TW coach actually tell the kids at halftime this week that he could call offense good enough to put up 50 on anyone in Virginia if the kids would just block it right! Really no significance here but thought that was pretty funny.

Hale has had some of the most successful head coaches in recent years as assistants while at Carroll County.  All have had next to nothing positive to say about Hale after leaving Carroll County! 

H.S. Ingo took George Wythe to a state title.

Mark Dixon has built Galax into a perennial contender.

Shane Allen is in the process of rebuilding the tradition at Tazewell.

Eddie Sloss has a very young team at Carroll County.  By all accounts, he is a very good coach. 

Brandon Harner hasn't missed a beat at George Wythe since taking over for Ingo.

Coincidence?  

I said back in July that Hale would gradually erode the talent at Fort Chiswell.  That has and will continue to come to fruition. 

Coach hale takes no advice from any coach they given up nearly 2200yds on def ., he was asked about switching d and he would have none of it. Players have talked about using whole play book that James had left them. I was hoping with a second lease on life that Hale could change. That will not happen. I had hoped to eat my words. Sixcat just wondering did u play baseball at galax.

I didn't go to school at Galax.  I played my freshman year at Fries but that was the last year the school was open as a high school.  Based on logistics, they sent me to Carroll.  I detested my time there and transferred to Grayson, where I graduated.

I grew up with the head baseball coach at Galax and his brothers.

• 2 weeks later...

how is it that everyone seems to know this guy is awful and yet our school board or whoever hired him didn't? I am just praying he might retire after this season... at least my younger kid would have a chance at something better....

how is it that everyone seems to know this guy is awful and yet our school board or whoever hired him didn't? I am just praying he might retire after this season... at least my younger kid would have a chance at something better....

Tom Hale and the current Fort Chiswell principal, Robbie Patton, worked together for many years at Carroll County.  It is my understanding, when Patton came to Fort Chiswell from Carroll, he made a significant push for them to hire Hale once James left for Pulaski.

I hate spell correct sometimes!

Edited by sixcat

• 3 months later...