10-10-14 Week 7 FB Updates

trublue

Tim Hayesâ€@Hayes_BHCSports8 mins8 minutes ago

Per Rural Retreat AD Jamey Hughes, Chilhowie @ Rural Retreat ppd. to Monday at 7 p.m. #VHSL #HCFH

Jim Saccoâ€@Sacco_BHCSports24 mins24 minutes ago

Per Honaker AD, Tigers at Clintwood ppd until Saturday at 7.

Tim Hayesâ€@Hayes_BHCSports4 mins4 minutes ago

Per Northwood principal Stan Dunham, George Wythe @ Northwood postponed until Monday at 7 p.m

great state

Below are games that have tweeted they WILL BE  PLAYING in SWVA/TN...if NOT mentioned then you should assume regularly scheduled games are a go...

Tim Hayesâ€@Hayes_BHCSports50 mins50 minutes ago

Patrick Henry @ Holston football still on, per Holston AD Travis Gray (only Hogoheegee game being played).

Retweeted by Times-News Sports

Looks like it will be a rainy Friday Night in Pioneer Country as the Pioneers take on the Tigers from Haysi with Senior Night Festivities

Union High Schoolâ€@unionbearslive11 mins11 minutes ago

The Brawl For The Bucket is still a go for tonight! Check out the homecoming parade through downtown tonight before the game at 6pm

Tonight the Vikings will play the Dobyns-Bennett Indians at the Stone Castle Kickoff is at 7:30 and the rain should be gone by then.

great state

Come out and support the Rebels as they travel to Sullivan East on this rainy Friday night. Kick off at 7:30!!! Go Rebels!!!!!!!!

Tim Hayesâ€@Hayes_BHCSports1 hr1 hour ago

Lee High @ Union and J.I. Burton @ Castlewood still on as of now.

Retweeted by Times-News SportsGate Cityâ€@bluedevilslive16 mins16 minutes ago

Ok fans it's time to dig out those rain clothes & head to Bristol to watch Our MEN in Blue beat those VA High boys!!! Game is at 7:30pm

great state

I just don't understand this. It's going to rain all weekend long. You are only letting the field get worse.

Curious, how does the wet field change the artificial field conditions?  I know there isn't any mud but does the turf get just as slick as wet grass?

I agree Stu...just trying to rationalize the decisions.  I have actually heard that there is potential for massive rain Monday thru Wednesday.  So postponing may make it worse.

Haysi Footballâ€@HaysiFootball10 mins10 minutes ago

Haysi-Thomas Walker is still on.

interesting stat posted below...

Retweeted by Jim Sacco

@Sacco_BHCSports Jim, National HS stats , football, actually show games played with rain/mud slightly lessen injuries, absent lightning.

All these teams postponing to monday, how will that affect them for the next game?

Razor and I talked about this earlier. That was his biggest point. That's a short short week to work on

A little rain won't keep me away. I sat through a torrential downpour in Lebanon a few years ago where you couldn't see ten feet in front of you.

The way I see it, if I made it through that VT/BC game in 07 and the VT/TAMU hurricane game, I'll be fine tonight. Haha.