Hurley/Honaker

reb6408

@ How many comes out rofl... Their sideline looks like a small college m8? Hurley is lucky to have like 20 kids come out for ball, but I guess thats good when you hardly have 20 guys in the school. GL with your benefit games and the Blues... Sucks when the other sideline is full to, aye?

Also confused why you keep bringing up richlands? Yea it's been awhile since we have beat them butt go ahead and name me someone from sw va to beat with richlands on a yearly basis?? Gate city, graham and union that's about it. So your preaching to the crowd with that crap. Hey go play em and let me know how that works for you. Heck play the majority of our schedule Lebanon wise central Clintwood John battle would be tough for yall also. I'm also tired of all the whining about the size difference, do me a favor and look up colonial beach high school there enrollment is around 200 kids. They have lost one game all year that was to king George which happens to be a 4a school whom they only lost by one. Held a double digit lead in the second half but kg's depth wore them down.

Honaker is a TopTeer program year in and year out because they work very hard for it! I grew up with Coach Hubbard and played ball with him. He was as tough if not tougher back then as he is now. A hard nosed guy who hates to LOSE! He has brought that along with his staff to the young men at Honaker and they feel the same way.

They work year around and not just four months to be very good at what they do. Make no mistake about it.....they can beat a lot of schools in 2A for that matter. They earn their success on Friday Nights by working harder than most and sacrificing a lot to be the Power House program they are.

Honaker should be 2A. This pot is getting warmer.

Oh please.  There are 16 schools in A-ball that are bigger than Honaker. 

Here are the larger A-ball teams in our half of the state:

(1) Fort Chiswell - 457

(2) George Wythe - 451

(3) Chilhowie - 446

(4) Central - 445

(5) Radford - 442

(6) Eastside - 441

(7) Patrick Henry - 405

(8) Galax - 381

(9) Honaker - 379

I commend Hurley for fielding a competitive team with a school the size of Richlands's graduating class.  But it is what it is, and the whining is pathetic.

Just a random question. When did Honaker change their uniform colors? When I played Honaker back in 1988 & 1989 they had that Auburn Tiger look so when did they change to the Clemson Tiger look?

Not really sure I know for sure they had the clemson look during the Heath Miller era so at least late 90's

Oh please.  There are 16 schools in A-ball that are bigger than Honaker. 

Here are the larger A-ball teams in our half of the state:

(1) Fort Chiswell - 457

(2) George Wythe - 451

(3) Chilhowie - 446

(4) Central - 445

(5) Radford - 442

(6) Eastside - 441

(7) Patrick Henry - 405

(8) Galax - 381

(9) Honaker - 379

I commend Hurley for fielding a competitive team with a school the size of Richlands's graduating class.  But it is what it is, and the whining is pathetic.

I think the Wave warrior is really a cross town troll more than a Hurley supporter.

Don't worry let's see how much he whines next week when beat up on the 2A wave lol.

Let's play Hurley tonight first there bud!  Hurley seems to have improved, but there schedule has been weak, so one could argue this or that.  But the game is at the Cliff and anything can happen in high school ball (we've all seen it at one point or another), that's why they play the games.  Either way lets hope for safe travels and good luck on the game guys!

Honaker is a TopTeer program year in and year out because they work very hard for it! I grew up with Coach Hubbard and played ball with him. He was as tough if not tougher back then as he is now. A hard nosed guy who hates to LOSE! He has brought that along with his staff to the young men at Honaker and they feel the same way.

They work year around and not just four months to be very good at what they do. Make no mistake about it.....they can beat a lot of schools in 2A for that matter. They earn their success on Friday Nights by working harder than most and sacrificing a lot to be the Power House program they are.

Well said Razor,  I was going to say something similar until i read your post.  Because my wife graduated from Honaker and she teaches in the Honaker area,   we try to go to a few of their games each year.  We try to watch her Tigers one week and my Blues another week.  During the playoffs,  I usually go to the Blues and she will go to the Tigers if they are on the same night,  and if on different day/nights,  then we both go to Both games.

Hubbard and his staff have done a great job with their program and upping their expectations.  You know when you play Honaker,  it's going to be a phyically tough, hard hitting game,  and they will play that way the whole game.  I always enjoy watching them play !

I think some on here just like to stir sh_t .....oopps,  I mean poop up to see how much it stinks !