Ebola Hysteria

Now history may prove me wrong, but the way the press is going on about Ebola, you would think we all were going to die tomorrow.  I do wish people would chill and the crackpots who are saying that Obama is responsible and this is the first step in implementing martial law, or that Bill Gates and George Soros are behind it would just be quiet.

Yes, Ebola is a horrible disease that kills 70% of those infected with it, but the odds of me getting it are low.  That is unless I have direct contact with the bodily fluids of someone with Ebola.  Living in SWVA, there is not a high probability of that happening, maybe 1 in a billion.

There are greater health risks to me.  I could get bitten by a shark, or have a stroke climbing Mt. Everest.

Im not too terribly worried about Ebola but the arrogant attitude of "it could never happen here" does worry me(not saying thats how I take your feelings on the issue). I think we need to be much more careful with those who are infected or it could get out of hand quickly. Its already gotten out of hand a little. I would also like to see all travel from West Africa to the US suspended.

The extremist and media on both sides are making the most of of it to rally the morons of the country.