Union at Marion

Canes00

Not hating on Union I just see a lack of heart. Richlands had a big let down and Union had some luck in that game but if Union had of played the whole game like they did in 4th qtr do you think it would have made a difference on the score board? Or if Richlands hadn't went into safe mode what would it have been? I am in no way trying to act as if Union is better than Richlands because frankly they aren't. Just trying to get my point across that Union has let downs in games that are going to get them in trouble in playoffs if not before. Plenty of potential and lack of heart, really pisses me off. I played with Turner and think he has done a fine job with the team and I have much respect for him.

I agree with you Appy. They can play better and I don't think they would beat Richlands right now. I took issue with the other poster.

I am done defending Union and don't know why I did anyway. The Union guys want even defend themselves why should I uh......lol

I realize Giles, and GC getting the accolades along with Richlands. Don't sleep on Glenvar! My sources (sounds mysterious...) say the have really good size and play physical football. I would like to see them play Giles.

Wish granted. They will play each other in the last regular season game for both teams.

Ah. I didn't know if you knew that or not. Lol. Either way, it will help both of our teams. I don't see either GC or Richlands losing again. So it could end up Giles 1, GC 2, and RHS 3 if everything falls right. That would set up for RHS/GC rematch possibly.

Ah. I didn't know if you knew that or not. Lol. Either way, it will help both of our teams. I don't see either GC or Richlands losing again. So it could end up Giles 1, GC 2, and RHS 3 if everything falls right. That would set up for RHS/GC rematch possibly.

If Union beats Marion, there is a real possibility that they out point GC. GC needs Abingdon to beat Marion and Central to beat Clintwood if Union wins Friday...that's given that all the other games fall the way they should.

If Union beats Marion, there is a real possibility that they out point GC. GC needs Abingdon to beat Marion and Central to beat Clintwood if Union wins Friday...that's given that all the other games fall the way they should.

That's why I said "could" end up that way. Still way too early to be looking at seedings. 

Unless Union loses to Marion, I don't see much change in the top 4-5...until Giles and Glenvar play. Thing is with Abingdon having a decent year, GC stands to gain quite a few points if the Falcons could beat Marion. A Marion win gives GC zero because they haven't played. But, the converse is true for Union. With GC and Union both playing Central, only Union stands to gain from a Clintwood victory over Central.

Union is 7-1 but without a lot of luck they are 3-4. They still beat Marion because they get the suspended boy #13 back and he will hit you. Probably their best player.

Blah blah, excuses are excuses. Luck plays a factor in any game. The only games that Union 'lucked' was possibly Richland's/Lee. Central is the lucky team, if Union can field a kickoff it could have been a two score game. Union deserves to be 7-1, don't hate bc they can win close games.

Rich would prb beat us now, same w GC, but everyone else I just hope you keep overlooking Lil ole lucky Union.

Blah blah, excuses are excuses. Luck plays a factor in any game. The only games that Union 'lucked' was possibly Richland's/Lee. Central is the lucky team, if Union can field a kickoff it could have been a two score game. Union deserves to be 7-1, don't hate bc they can win close games.

Rich would prb beat us now, same w GC, but everyone else I just hope you keep overlooking Lil ole lucky Union.

nobody here in Marion are overlooking Union I can guarantee that 

nobody here in Marion are overlooking Union I can guarantee that

Yo guys do seem pretty level headed, but the person I quoted was taking shots at Union. I believe Friday's game will be a BARNBURNER and either team could win.

But 7-1 is 7-1.

Wins over:

Central (meh)

Lee (pretty darn good)

Middlesboro (a very good team regardless of what dumbo said before, they have win over Bell Co)

Richlands (very good team glad we caught them early)

Sullivan North (meh)

Clintwood (pretty darn good)

Norton (not very good)

Losses:

@Gate City (powerhouse, top 3 in the West)

I say if Marion plays lights out defense like they have the past three balls games then this one isn't going to be close. We all know that defense wins ball games, and if Union cannot stop our running game then they are hurting there as well. I think this game is going to come down to field position and special teams. If Sam gets 125-175 yards then it is over as well. I got the score being Marion 35 Union 24.

I say if Marion plays lights out defense like they have the past three balls games then this one isn't going to be close. We all know that defense wins ball games, and if Union cannot stop our running game then they are hurting there as well. I think this game is going to come down to field position and special teams. If Sam gets 125-175 yards then it is over as well. I got the score being Marion 35 Union 24.

You may be right about the Wagner part and everything else but Union is a very good team. We thought we had them and they came back and kicked our butts! They have played three of the better teams around here and faired fairly well. They are also coached very well.

Don't get me wrong because I would like to see you guys win this one but don't underestimate them or they will beat you all.