Richlands @ Abingdon

Ryan4VT

All is well in Camelot tonight!  Great win tonight Falcons! The better team won tonight no doubt about it and you all done it all over the field tonight. The only place Richlands was better was on kick off return. You cant win when you get beat like that. Its sure a hard one to swallow but its true.....Abingdon beat our BUTTS!

Good luck on the rest of the season. I met Big O and he is truly a great guy! I wish you all the best

I think there should be a bunch of people here that needs to eat a lot of crow. That was one hell of a one sided football game. Abingdon controlled the line of scrimmage. The Abingdon QB was not sacked but the Micheals kid was sacked several times and rushed/hit more. I know there will be people here that will still bitch about Abingdon, but Abingdon won the game fair and square and the game plan was very well executed. It is time for some here to quit the Abingdon bashing for a while.

I think there should be a bunch of people here that needs to eat a lot of crow. That was one hell of a one sided football game. Abingdon controlled the line of scrimmage. The Abingdon QB was not sacked but the Micheals kid was sacked several times and rushed/hit more. I know there will be people here that will still bitch about Abingdon, but Abingdon won the game fair and square and the game plan was very well executed. It is time for some here to quit the Abingdon bashing for a while.

open your eyes  and read my post!  what else do you want me to say....im sorry?

Those poor ol refs couldn't throw a flag without a 5 minute discussion about it, I thought that game would never end. I was proud of those buzzards but anybody left playing the Blues shouldn't kickoff to number 31, he's a bulldozer!

Yeah, it was great to meet you too Razor!  The Falcons played a great ball game but Razor is right....Vance is a beast on kick returns.  Our CB's and DB's did a great job to prevent the long passes...except for one.  I was most impressed with our OL.  Sturgill didn't get touched once.  He was accurate for the most part, but he did rush some throws..even with no pressure. Our DL stopped Michaels for the most part but he did get a lot of those frustrating 5-7 yard gains on the keeper.  He's a big kid that runs hard.  He just had a lot of pressure on him when he would drop back.  The refs got most of the calls right...even on that one where Michaels threw the ball to the ground and we scooped and scored.  However, I still think that it should have been a grounding call.  At the same time I couldn't see the play clearly because it was across the field but I just couldn't see a receiver anywhere.  The worst part was, the refs never blew a whistle after the ball hit the ground.  Our kid runs the ball back and the ref signals TD. Then they (refs) huddle in the end zone and call it an incomplete pass.  It was the right call...but no whistle ever blew.  How can they rightfully then call incomplete pass?  Weird sequence.  Needless to say, I am very happy for the boys (especially mine!) and that says a lot about Richlands....to be so happy for a win is a testament to RHS's dominance the last few years.  Good game and hopefully many more to come.  

You cant not comment on a thread and then post telling people they have crow to eat. 

Congrats Abingdon, its been a long time coming. Far SWVA needs a strong 3A team, hopefully this is the start of a positive move for Abingdon

I think Richlands had a bad case of DRY balls last night and that did them in.......lol

Well I already congratulated the Falcons on their big win on the update thread after the game but I think that win deserves another one,  CONGRATS on a dominant win .  Your coaches had the kids ready to play and the kids played a great game !  I hope you guys surprise some of the 3A people in the playoffs and make a run.  I say surprise because they don't think about anybody from this end of the state being competitive in 3A,  but this Abingdon team may just prove them wrong,  at least i hope you do !

Thanks Big.  You are right Ryan....and hopefully the kids aren't looking past them.  The fact that we can win the district outright with a win over Tazewell will hopefully have them in the right frame of mind. The following week will be monstrous for these kids after the whipping they took last year. Different coaching staff and different frame of mind.  We might not win either of the next 2 but I feel confident in saying that we won't get blown out in either game. Oh, and you were right about something else Ryan...we didn't score 20 points on your D.  Sorry, couldn't help it.

Thanks Big. You are right Ryan....and hopefully the kids aren't looking past them. The fact that we can win the district outright with a win over Tazewell will hopefully have them in the right frame of mind. The following week will be monstrous for these kids after the whipping they took last year. Different coaching staff and different frame of mind. We might not win either of the next 2 but I feel confident in saying that we won't get blown out in either game. Oh, and you were right about something else Ryan...we didn't score 20 points on your D. Sorry, couldn't help it.

Just watch out for the letdown. Good luck the rest of the year for you guys.

The QB Sturgill is the real deal. He has a very good arm and great timing for a Sophomore. He can run and has a good head on his shoulders. I was very impressed with him. He has a chance to be a special player. We got beat up front in the trenches and I didn't expect that. I was surprised that Abingdon didn't fill there stands up with this one but maybe if they keep winning that will change.

It don't get any easier for them though playing at Tazewell where I think the Bulldogs will be tough to beat and then Marion. If they win out I for one will be singing a different tune when it comes to them. Still waiting to hear from Southy and FalconMan.....it ought to be one for the ages. That's pretty bad on my part when you get to the point of being anxious to here from them two......lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!