Richlands @ Abingdon

Ryan4VT

And the smack talk has begun  Wow.  I don't mind predictions...what I think is foolish is uneducated predictions.  People picking RHS by huge margins are picking based on emotion and history.  Based on history and emotion, the Dallas Cowboys should be winless.  Yet, they have 1 loss.  No, I'm not comparing AHS to the Cowboys....my point is that the people with these huge predictions have not seen AHS play this year.  As I have said, I will wait until mid week for my prediction...wait and see if anyone is hurt, if the newest RHS recruit is eligible or not (or even real for that matter), and see if I can get my hands on some film.  Outside of those factors, the game will be closer than 17 or closer than "as many points as time will allow".  Wow, I expected better from you Councilor. You guys look as silly as I would if I were to say AHS by 30. 

And the smack talk has begun  Wow.  I don't mind predictions...what I think is foolish is uneducated predictions.  People picking RHS by huge margins are picking based on emotion and history.  Based on history and emotion, the Dallas Cowboys should be winless.  Yet, they have 1 loss.  No, I'm not comparing AHS to the Cowboys....my point is that the people with these huge predictions have not seen AHS play this year.  As I have said, I will wait until mid week for my prediction...wait and see if anyone is hurt, if the newest RHS recruit is eligible or not (or even real for that matter), and see if I can get my hands on some film.  Outside of those factors, the game will be closer than 17 or closer than "as many points as time will allow".  Wow, I expected better from you Councilor. You guys look as silly as I would if I were to say AHS by 30. 

Abingdon has played ONE good team, and you got beat easily. Richlands has played FIVE good teams. If you put Abingdon in the RHS schedule, they are 2-5. If you put RHS in Abingdons, we are 6-1. I'm not basing my prediction off of "emotion." I'm basing it off of the fact that Richlands has played a great schedule, coming off a bye, and getting players back that have been out. The "new kid" is eligible and has now had 3 weeks in the offense in practice. I will stick to my guns. RHS by 17. You will not score 20 on our Defense. 

UVA is looking at things from a Bluefield perspective.

No, I'm looking at things through a "no dog in the fight" perspective.

Abingdon's schedule has been a colossal joke. The only good team that Abingdon played this year took Abingdon's wet balls and smashed them. Abingdon's MO is always the same: build a gaudy record against some of the worst teams in Tennessee, and flop like a dying fish when they play quality competition.

Richlands, on the other hand, has played the hardest schedule in SWVA without exception. Union. Gate City. Botetourt. Bluefield. Richlands led in all those games. Two required incredible 4th quarter comebacks to oust Richlands.

Richlands is playing the best high school football of any team over the last 5 games. That includes Giles. And I bet Richlands remembers last year very well.

I fully expect Richlands to run the train on Abingdon. Any deficit closer than 20 would be thoroughly shocking.

Always the same?  Uh, this time last year AHS was 2-4.  6-1 is a long way from 2-4.  AHS has outscored their opponents 243-133 this year.  And that includes getting shut out by GC.  Yes, AHS played an easier schedule, but they won those games by large margins, just as they were supposed to.  AHS margin of victory over the last 5 games is 20 pts.  They may have lost to GC but that was 2nd game of the season....I'd venture to guess the guys learned a little something from that game.  I'm not ready to say AHS will blow ANYBODY out...but I doubt seriously that they get blown out by ANYBODY either.  I just think to predict a blow out by RHS is pure emotion driven by some unexplainable hatred for AHS.  I just can't believe you guys forget last year so easily.  AHS has improved greatly since then as well....as evidenced by their record and the margin of victory difference. This is why they play the game. 

Ryan, you got beat by the same team easily. It was early on. Don't count your chickens just yet

I wasn't aware that getting beat by 11 in a game in which we had the lead a few times was "getting beat easily?" Can you explain that one to me?

Always the same?  Uh, this time last year AHS was 2-4.  6-1 is a long way from 2-4.  AHS has outscored their opponents 243-133 this year.  And that includes getting shut out by GC.  Yes, AHS played an easier schedule, but they won those games by large margins, just as they were supposed to.  AHS margin of victory over the last 5 games is 20 pts.  They may have lost to GC but that was 2nd game of the season....I'd venture to guess the guys learned a little something from that game.  I'm not ready to say AHS will blow ANYBODY out...but I doubt seriously that they get blown out by ANYBODY either.  I just think to predict a blow out by RHS is pure emotion driven by some unexplainable hatred for AHS.  I just can't believe you guys forget last year so easily.  AHS has improved greatly since then as well....as evidenced by their record and the margin of victory difference. This is why they play the game. 

No one has forgotten last years game. But we have said it over and over and over and over. This is a better team at Richlands. Yes, AHS is improved, we get that. But they have still played a cream puff schedule and RHS has played the BEST schedule around. This is not emotion driven. This is driven by pure facts. Abingdon is 6-1 and is still ranked 23rd in AAA regardless of East or West according to CalPreps. Take off those blue colored glasses, sir.

Ryan, do you know how games went between Mance and Colobro when it was RHS VS Gate City. I am not insinuating anything other than we now have some pretty good coaching as well. The kids love Reed.

I am not predicting a win yet either. We are the obvious underdog in this. I am interested in what the CAL prediction will be this week. It is hard to argue with 82%.

I have never said that AHS has played a tough schedule.  Nor have I said that RHS has played an easy one.  What I have said is that if you base you entire prediction around that fact instead of having seen AHS play then that is an uneducated prediction. You know nothing about AHS.....new coach, new scheme, new QB, new RB (Jordan didn't play against you all last year) new D scheme.....so much new....and so much better.  Do I want AHS to win...yes, of course.  Do I think they will?  Not certain....too many unknowns. But I do know this...they certainly have the talent to do so.

And, coincidentally, you do use your emotions for picks.  If you would rather have a QB that has yet to prove himself (Luck) as compared to one that is a HOF QB for 2 different teams (Manning) then that is a bad choice.  If you want to win NOW then you take the HOF'er...and I want to win now.  Yes, Luck will have a great career...but Manning has already had 2 great careers and is still going.  Easy choice there is Peyton. 

Cal preps currently has RHS predicted to win at a neutral site...31-14. 

But it also predicts that Lord Botetourt would beat RHS this week 21-20. See, that's why they play the game.

And, coincidentally, you do use your emotions for picks. If you would rather have a QB that has yet to prove himself (Luck) as compared to one that is a HOF QB for 2 different teams (Manning) then that is a bad choice. If you want to win NOW then you take the HOF'er...and I want to win now. Yes, Luck will have a great career...but Manning has already had 2 great careers and is still going. Easy choice there is Peyton.

You can't see the forrest for the trees. Luck has already broken plenty of records that Peyton himself held. Luck has a superior record than Peyton did at that point in his career. I want to win now as well, and last I checked, neither team has a super bowl ring in the last two seasons. You keep thinking we made the wrong choice. I'll keep putting my faith in 12.

I have seen both play my beloved Bearcats.  Abingdon is much better than they have been, absolute fact.  They do not play like the wine and cheese crowd of old.  I did not see their match up with Gate City but from all honest accounts, AHS put up a good fight (for a 31-0 game that is).  Richlands was just plain solid all over the field.  You could tell from their body language that they just knew they were going to win.  If I had a gun to my head and had to pick a winner, I would have to say Richlands, but not in a blow out.

A lot of folks on here are claiming to have played the most difficult schedule.  Fair enough but I would argue that VHS' has to at least be in the conversation:  Tenn. High, Richlands, Gate City, Abingdon, and Tazewell with Lebanon, Marion and Lee on the horizon is formidable to say the least.  Only breathers were JSB and Chilhowie (and that wasn't easy). 

Thanks Bob. I think that sums up how I see it. AHS needs RHS to make a couple mistakes. We can not make mistakes

Mountain Man I appreciate that as a Richlands fan. I for one picked against Richlands twice this year because all signs pointed to that. I try and be very fair on here to all including Abingdon. I have even given them some love a couple of times which is odd( I almost felt like I needed to shower afterwards)...lol.

Richlands body language changed after the LB game as Bob stated. After that game they actually started believing they could beat anybody. The first three games was just very odd to watch them play as we stated during that time. They are a very solid football team right now and seem to be getting better. Time will tell

Big O, most people on here are picking Richlands and are justified in doing so because it has been awhile since you guys have beat us. Your alls schedule has not been tough and ours very strong. Most of the people on here have to go by that because they are out watching there team and not us or the Falcons. So they have to go by what has been done thus far on paper.

On paper Richlands should win this game and in my opinion will. They don't play on paper so we will have to wait until Friday Night to settle all that. You say Abingdon is much better and by most accounts are a much better team and I am glad for you all. Its about time! Its better for everybody even the Mayor of Raven might agree with me there(not!!!!)

Like we said before your all's Gate City game....you beat them and you will have everybody's attention. Well you had your chance and didn't. Now you all have another chance to shut everybody up. If the Falcons beat Richlands I promise you...YOU NOW HAVE PEOPLES ATTENTION! Until you win a big one it will be that way. So don't be so infatuated with people picking against the Falcons. They are only doing what most people outside of the Falcon community would do. Pick the team that should be favored.

Now do I think this is going to be a blowout? No I don't. Could it be? Yes. Richlands has really never played well at Abingdon for whatever the reasons. We are not taking you all for granted because if we do we will lose. You better believe Mountian Man that Mance has scouted you all and would no matter who we play because its his job and he does it as well as anybody. He respects all of our opponents and will have nothing to say about your alls program but praise. You guys do deserve a little respect and are getting it. Did you read Bobs post?

I look for this to be a very good game through about three quarters and then the Blues put it away in the fourth. I think we win by two scores and no more. Richlands is a much more complete team than last year and the team has been tested by some of the fastest young men in High School which has only made them better. Abingdon is much better than last year and it has yet to prove they can beat the better teams as far as this years teams are concerned. Like I stated...win this one and I promise you the talk will change.

Richlands-34

Abingdon-20

Razor, I have absolutely ZERO problem with people picking RHS to win this game.  As a matter of fact, I like it.  My problem is with people predicting a blow out....that's just plain dumb to me.  Sure, basing a pick on history would most definitely warrant a RHS selection.  But last year RHS squeaked out a win against AHS  and that was at RHS. AHS is much improved this year and so is RHS and the game is at AHS.  I just think people that realize all that and still predict a blowout are basing their pick on emotion.  I'd like to play Hold'em with them and aggravate the crap out of them while playing.  I would make a killing.

Keep thinking it's emotion. When the game is farther apart than the 17 point margin than I have set my line at, I will be right here to serve you more crow than you can ever imagine. ;)

That post alone screams emotion. You are way too involved in a high school program at your age for that to be healthy. Find a girlfriend or another hobby. Looks like you are going to college. Try to follow them or get a real girlfriend

Do you still wear your letter jacket back to games???

Us old guys talking about HS Football is a little sad but, for you to get this fired up is pathetic. When my kids went to tech and UT they never looked back at HS football. Get a life, get a girl (or boy) friend, follow your college team with the same enthusiasm and it will be ok

That post alone screams emotion. You are way too involved in a high school program at your age for that to be healthy. Find a girlfriend or another hobby. Looks like you are going to college. Try to follow them or get a real girlfriend

Do you still wear your letter jacket back to games???

Us old guys talking about HS Football is a little sad but, for you to get this fired up is pathetic. When my kids went to tech and UT they never looked back at HS football. Get a life, get a girl (or boy) friend, follow your college team with the same enthusiasm and it will be ok

Real cute. I used to have respect for you, but that's over with. I have a girlfriend, thank you. We have been together for longer than a year, so you can take your jabs and your insensitive attempt at a gay joke on some other board. No, I don't still wear my letter jacket anymore. It's hanging in my closet, where it belongs. And there is absolutely nothing sad about having passion for the school you graduated from. And I will pull just as hard for Appalachian State as I do for Richlands and the Colts. 

Having fun and interesting banter is what makes this board such a great place for guys and girls like us. But it's people like YOU and several others that have ran off so many of our great posters over the year. 

I'm now done with you. 

MM, looks like you hit his last nerve.  Funny thing is, if AHS wins this game, we'll never hear about it from him.  Ryan, man, you're young and jubilant.  That's great...but dude, your emotion is ruling you.  That's typical for a kid your age.  But don't make it worse by claiming "I am done with you".....that's like saying "I'm taking my ball and going home".....which is FULL of emotion.  Emotion is a good thing...when you're with your girlfriend.  For a super moderator you sure have some thin skin. Relax man.

MM, looks like you hit his last nerve. Funny thing is, if AHS wins this game, we'll never hear about it from him. Ryan, man, you're young and jubilant. That's great...but dude, your emotion is ruling you. That's typical for a kid your age. But don't make it worse by claiming "I am done with you".....that's like saying "I'm taking my ball and going home".....which is FULL of emotion. Emotion is a good thing...when you're with your girlfriend. For a super moderator you sure have some thin skin. Relax man.

Yeah, because I ran away when we lost to GC and Untion....my skin is plenty think until you start taking personal jabs and making gay jokes. Thats a whole new ballgame.

Big O & Mountain Man you better watch because you don't know what your talking about. Just because your going to college doesn't mean you are young. He is much older than you think and a lot smarter. He has worked very hard to be where he is and you should admire that instead of degrade that. That's personal and in my opinion very out of bounds.

This emotion angle is getting old. We are humans and emotional people. Emotions drive us and direct us right and wrong. If you are not emotional Mountain man and Big O you wouldn't even care what was being said. We all say and do things on emotion good grief. Maybe UVA & Bob need to give you two a lesson or two because it would help.

This is supposed to be about the game. Ryan has a position because he earned it through years of putting up with stupid post like those and years of pouring his emotions out about his teams and others. If you think he has been emotional here.... you ought to see us on Friday Nights!