Richlands @ Abingdon

Ryan4VT

That post alone screams emotion. You are way too involved in a high school program at your age for that to be healthy. Find a girlfriend or another hobby. Looks like you are going to college. Try to follow them or get a real girlfriend

Do you still wear your letter jacket back to games???

Us old guys talking about HS Football is a little sad but, for you to get this fired up is pathetic. When my kids went to tech and UT they never looked back at HS football. Get a life, get a girl (or boy) friend, follow your college team with the same enthusiasm and it will be ok

Why are you even on here if this is sad stuff. Most of us enjoy it because we love football. All my children are in College and doing well. My wife loves to read this stuff to. She is sitting right beside me most of the time. Sometimes she laughs and sometimes we both cry from laughing so hard. Its all for the fun of it...the disagreement's, the opining and all the verbal jousting.

If you think its sad....well...Goodnight Sir!

Ryan, Seriously... all that was ribbing you. I was making an attempt at humor. I was making fun of myself saying it was sad I still care.

That was not a moonshine post. I re-read this morning and see how it could have been conscrewd as being an jerk. Should of ended it with JUST KIDDING

I know you are more serious than falconman or southy. Basically, I was trying to be funny when you were not in the mood for it. For that I am sorry

And here we go...Richlands posters can gang up on AHS folks but when its vice versa all of a sudden a foul was committed.  I have taken so much grief on this board from TONS of people..basically everybody that's not an AHS fan.....but when the tables are turned, the sky is falling.  Amazes me.   

Getting after people is one thing but personal attacks is different. Making fun of someone for supporting their school/team/community is across the line BigO, surely you can see that.

Maybe youre still figuring out the online world, maybe not but none the less too far Mountain Man, too far.

IT WAS A JOKE!!! Maybe too much. I kid with friends in similar fashion all the time. I do not know Ryan, it was not a personal attack

I thought I would get something back like go back to your still old man and make out with your sister

I would not have taken that personally because it is ridiculous. The post to Ryan was supposed to be ridiculous and funny, Evidently not funny

Richlands has the best coaching staff this side of Roanoke and I mean the entire this side of Roanoke this time. They also have kids who put in the time and work to be the best they can be. Much repsect for this program that is really the dynasty program of SWVA. Richlands 35 Abingdon Cheese Eaters 10.

Oh for goodness sake!  If you post something, own it.  You cannot put the genie back in the bottle.  The more you harp on "what I really meant" just makes it stink even more.  Should you feel the need to apologize, do so and move on.

Amen Counselor!

Oh no! We agree again Bob....what in this world is going on?

Mance was really after the boys today. The boys had a good one and look so much better. Farris is getting closer and is working very hard. Cant wait for the young man to get back on the field. Still a week or two away probably.

Has any Richlands posters noticed that every since Mance brought Coach Palmer down out of the booth and onto the sideline how much better the defense has played? It even seems like the boys play even harder for him. Palmer is such an intense Coach I believe the boys are feeding off that emotion on Friday Nights and channeling that on the field. Just my thoughts

I played with coach Palmer in high school and he was just as intense as a player as he is a coach,  and was a hard worker !  He has done a great job with the D and the move down to the field was a big part of that I believe also.  I think he also get's a better feel for the game down there than upstairs !

I played with coach Palmer in high school and he was just as intense as a player as he is a coach,  and was a hard worker !  He has done a great job with the D and the move down to the field was a big part of that I believe also.  I think he also get's a better feel for the game down there than upstairs !

Well said BigRhs.

Wait , wait, wait.....so I personally attacked someone?  Where?  By giving advice to someone is personally attacking?  But when Ryan told me that he would serve me more crow than I could eat wasn't personal?  Who's parameters are we using here?  What ever suits the person's best interest?  This is truly amazing.  What about Raven telling me he hated me because I was from Abingdon? Was that not personal?  Wow. 

My parameters are my own, I feel like Mountain Man crossed the line. As far as you BigO I was simply surprised you supporter MM so strongly, I thought you should be able to see how he was over the line. I didnt feel anything you said was out of line.

Making a gay joke is too far. Equating Ryan following his high school team closely with not having a personal life is just ignorant. 

Talking about whos gonna win or lose and whos gonna have to eat crow is pretty much what half of this site is about lol 

Are you saying Coach Mance bringing Coach Palmer down out of the pressbox equates to Saban bringing Kiffen to the field for the Tide?

Kiffen looks like he is scared to death while standing there--afraid to look at Saban.   I doubt Coach Mance gives Coach Palmer those stares.  lol

Tiger, I just said that MM hit Ryans last nerve.  To be honest, I just skimmed over the "gay" comment....gave it no real attention.  Surely someone else out there sees that Richlands folks seemingly have more leeway when it comes to smack talking than anyone else.  Maybe its just me, the Abingdonian, that makes it okay for them to do so.  But I see no real value in that train of thought.  I absolutely intended no comment to appear as a personal attack and feel no need to apologize for anything.  But I promise you this, if people are going to talk smack and dog out AHS team they will most definitely get it in return. And you (you, collectively) should expect no less.

Tiger, I just said that MM hit Ryans last nerve.  To be honest, I just skimmed over the "gay" comment....gave it no real attention.  Surely someone else out there sees that Richlands folks seemingly have more leeway when it comes to smack talking than anyone else.  Maybe its just me, the Abingdonian, that makes it okay for them to do so.  But I see no real value in that train of thought.  I absolutely intended no comment to appear as a personal attack and feel no need to apologize for anything.  But I promise you this, if people are going to talk smack and dog out AHS team they will most definitely get it in return. And you (you, collectively) should expect no less.

Now who's nerves have been touched?

It will all be ok Big O. Take a nerve pill with some "Falcon Juice"....lol

Look me up Friday Night and I will make sure we meet. I would love to meet you and talk.

My point is that maybe Mountain Man just needs to tone it down a little until we all get a feel for him.   A lol or a j/k would go a long way. We all went thru a similar adjustment period when we first joined.

And the Richlands guys do talk a lot of smack! haha

I think AHS is 100% healthy as well.  They lost a OL/DL earlier in the season to a torn ACL and that hurt our D quite a bit.  OL is fine though.  My biggest concern is the youth of AHS. Like I have said before, Reed is playing as much youth as he can for long term reasons.  I understand that...he needs job stability.  But, it hurts the current seniors a bit if the young guys can't get it done consistently.  Overall, I think AHS will be ready.  It comes down to play calling and scheme.....and talent of course.