Haysi vs Hurley

redtiger

Clintwood should have not been that close the coaching staff gave up two td's in that game. First of all on the slant Turner caught for a td he was given a 10 yard cushion why I have no idea. Turner should never be given 10 yards of space. Second on the kick off this is my opinion on how things went. I think Hubbard said kick the ball out of bounds thinking that Mullins would say ok I'll take the ball at the 35 thanks. No instead he backs em up 5 and makes em re kick so after that I'm confused as to what happened. I can't imagine Hubbard says kick it out of bounds again after seeing Mullins strategy but regardless that's what happened so we are backed up 5 more and the when the receiver finally gets to return the ball he caught it at the 45!! Not a lot of work for either of those two playmakers. So yea we didn't play very well that night but offensively we moved the ball with ease and very little resistance against the wave.

thats another discussion........

Tug was #4 in WV 1A, idk what they are now but I dont think they have lost. Tug Valley is the best team Haysi has played all season and it took them 2 OTs to win(no offense to Cw). I fully expect Hurley to give Haysi all they want but I think Haysi will win the game. Unfortunately I wont be able to make it to the game. 

I'm sure he meant 1a west Jethro. Nobody in there right mind would mean honaker was better than giles. But GW and Galax we soon shall see. Not quite sold on either one.

Thank you HHS Tiger. I'm talking 1A West only and I think Honaker is the best in the West. Galax and GW are peaking at the right time but Honaker would wear them down. I saw something in the second half Friday night that I haven't seen in a Honaker team and that is a little nastiness. I don't mean dirty but I'm talking about Chuck Liddell delivering head shots in his prime nastiness. LOL

Hurley Rebel Pride till the day I die. Haysi better button their chin straps a little tighter for this Friday comin'... Proud of my Rebels for being physical this year! I know Colley will have his troops prepared for battle, but I'm sure Tester and company will be ready to. Should be an awesome showdown with two of the best linebackers in the district anchoring each defense! Craig Stacy is the hardest playing and hardest hitting linebacker I've watched at Hurley since John Layne. The Hardin kid is tough as nails to, heck they all are. So fired up for this one!

You guys are making me wish it was Friday Night! Love the passion and it makes me want to watch this one. You guys pray for us having to go South of the Border. No Tacos!

Haysi in this one for sure but Hurly may make it rough sledding. Good luck to both Teams!

I really do believe Hurley will shut down the Haysi run game and this is what worries me, because doing so will cause the 5 wide passing attack to be unleashed. If Hurley can contain the 5 wide formation and get pressure on the QB, which I think they will most definately do having two excellent ends, then I think they definately win this one. I know Haysi has some excellent talent, but Colley can take an average player and make him a great one.

Honaker rushed for 417 yards.

Well I'm sure they did have that many yards considering all of the big rushing plays they made once Hurley would try to cover their passing attack. I'd be interested to see the first half rushing yards though. I know Honaker won big, but if Hurley could of punched in that TD from the 5 yard line I feel this game would of been a huge upset. Not taking away anything from Honaker, but they kept rotating fresh legs in throughout the game while Hurley basically kept the same 11 fielded the entire 4 quarters. You put them up against another team who probably will play the starting 11 the majority of the night and I feel that will go huge into their favor. Like I said before, not bashing Honaker for having great depth I'm simply stating that it's hard to compete with a group like that when your Hurley. These guys played their asses off the first half and I know shoulda' coulda' woulda's are worth nothing, but it still makes me proud of their effort and to know they can play at a high level. CONSISTENTCY will be key in the Haysi game. Oh and Colley at home already puts you down 2 TDs before the whistle even blows.

With 45 attempts that's 9 yards a carry

Big busted plays is what gave them that statistic. It wasn't that they rushed for 9 yds a carry I can assure you that. You guys try leaving the same 11 on the field all night and lets have a rematch...