Hay VHSLHelper!

Ryan4VT

Interesting stat. Richlands combined opponent record is 30-21. Gate Citys is 42-16. No team above Richlands nor GC have a combined OR with more than 25 wins total. It just goes to show the level of schedule that these two play. 

Interesting stat. Richlands combined opponent record is 30-21. Gate Citys is 42-16. No team above Richlands nor GC have a combined OR with more than 25 wins total. It just goes to show the level of schedule that these two play. 

Union's opponents are a combined 31-28..that's with Burton and North both having bad years. Not the best schedule in the world, but you guys keep on overlooking them and they'll end up biting you...you would think you guys from Richlands would have learned that by now.

Union's opponents are a combined 31-28..that's with Burton and North both having bad years. Not the best schedule in the world, but you guys keep on overlooking them and they'll end up biting you...you would think you guys from Richlands would have learned that by now.

I've got Unions at 30-32-1. I didn't mean to leave them out. They are "ranked" 13th overall regardless of east/west according to CalPreps, so I just simply didn't look down that far. I was only looking at the teams above them. I'm not overlooking them at all. They have shown that they can hang with anyone. 

I've got Unions at 30-32-1. I didn't mean to leave them out. They are "ranked" 13th overall regardless of east/west according to CalPreps, so I just simply didn't look down that far. I was only looking at the teams above them. I'm not overlooking them at all. They have shown that they can hang with anyone.

Gotcha..I just look at power points...that's the only thing that really means anything come playoff time. Back in the day, Sussex or Lunenburg was always ranked ahead of PV until the playoffs were over, so I've never gave much thought to subjective rankings.

Gotcha..I just look at power points...that's the only thing that really means anything come playoff time.

I know. I was just looking at the combined records as an indicator of which teams have played tough opposition. 

I get ya...I was thinking in terms of current Power Rating. Their opponents cumulative record is 31-30-1...the site I used for KY wasn't up to date..so I stand corrected, kinda..

Close enough. hahaha. I don't know many people overlooking Union at this point. It would be a grave mistake.

Close enough. hahaha. I don't know many people overlooking Union at this point. It would be a grave mistake.

If folks are gonna get 'em, better get 'em now because even though they have had quite a few good players (even a couple of great ones) the talent pool got deeper with the sophomore class this year...and the classes right behind them are deep in talent too. The years of having to patch a hole with a player that you hope can hack it are coming to an end this year. They only have 8 Seniors, but it's been a strong group for the underclassmen to play and mature under. But, a sweet run of a larger number of talented players began this year.