SWVASports Survivor II - Week 9

medium_su_louis_bigeast_live.jpg

The Old Big L'East was the predominant theme among our picks this week.  Along with Dear Leader, cityofRaven dared to dance on the wild side and took Syracuse.   Canes00, GManhokiebird7, and swvaoutdoors took the much surer but "blowing a good team early" pick in Louisville.  Syracuse and Louisville both upheld the honor of the old Big L'East, beating their longtime ACC opponents by 23 and 12 points, respectively.  So our crew remains at 6...for now.

Thursday, October 23rd

Miami @ Virginia Tech - 8:00 PM

Sunday, October 25th

North Carolina @ Virginia - 12:00 PM

Boston College @ Wake Forest - 3:30 PM

Georgia Tech @ Pittsburgh - 3:30 PM

Syracuse @ Clemson - 7:00 PM

And...that's it, as far as our slate of games go.  Week 9 is about the time of the Survivor season in which we look back at our past choices with sadness, regret, and anger.  Why did I burn that team in Week 6 when that team's a shoe-in this week?  Why did I burn Clemson already?  Why have we all burned Louisville so early?  Why did I get that tattoo piercing around my weiner when I was 19?  And the like.

Lots of people have burned Clemson and Boston College.  So, what to make of the remaining games?  The other 3 have a line closer than 10 points, one way or the other.  Good luck.

Our previous picks may be found here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WsgX4HispOcANdxapb8-8eJsS8Y5fXHLKGmyMnogCvk/edit#gid=0

UVAObserver's Pick for Week 10

North Carolina

I agonized over this pick and taking the sure pick in Clemson.  But I can't foresee London's offense outscoring Fedora's offense.  Plus, Fedora is a choke collar and a leash short of owning Mike London.  Even at Southern Miss, Fedora owned London.