Halloween

dshreeves

Since Halloween falls on Friday night next week, are any of the schools planing on changing game night to Thursday? If i remember in past years when Halloween has been on a Friday, a few schools have.

Hurley is scheduled to play Phelps, KY at Belfry on Halloween. Hurley was going to ask Phelps to move the game to Thursday but Pike CO will be having Halloween on Oct. 30. So Thursday is fake Halloween and Friday is the real Halloween. LOL I don't know what they have decided on when to have the game.

Hearing some "rumblings" that the RHS vs Lebanon game that night may be moved. Those of us in Richlands know how much Mance hates games not on Friday nights, so it remains to be seen on what happens yet.

Harlan County been struggling this year too, with just one win.  They've been part of some news headlines lately regarding coal and job loss.  Seems they are getting hit hard with people leaving.

Lee High/John Battle game will be Thursday night.

I've seen The Harlan Bears when the used to play PV. To me it always looked like Harlan was a bit overrated...PV was mediocre by the time that series began. IMO Breathitt looked as good in their worst game with PV as Harlan did in their best game..and Breathitt actually played some PV teams before the decline of PV. The top teams in SWVA would give Harlan all they wanted IMO.

Hearing some "rumblings" that the RHS vs Lebanon game that night may be moved. Those of us in Richlands know how much Mance hates games not on Friday nights, so it remains to be seen on what happens yet.

From what I heard Monday the Richlands game will be played Friday 10/31/14. 

Only time I have seen Tazewell move a game up to Thrusday instead of on Halloween was my Sr. year.... We had to go to Grundy! You know how they like to chop down the trees! lol

Few years back they had the Honaker game on Sat instead

Few years back they had the Honaker game on Sat instead

Correct! I remember that game as well! 2007 maybe? Think that was the same year that Tazewell and Richlands played in the Region Championship!