10 Appomattox 19.8

11 Lebanon 18.7

12 Tazewell 17.3

13 Central 17.2

14 Chatham 15.28

15 Martinsville 15.25

16 James River 14.7

16 VA High 14.7

I'm afraid Appomattox could still possibly overtake Lee, it looks like the race for 7-10 between Lee, Appo, Buckingham County, and Dan River, and Tazewell if they win out, could be really close.  Dan River only has one other game, and that's with 1 win Gretna, may be tough for them to move up.  Either way, Lee to Appomattox/Buckingham/Dan River or the other way around (those to Lee) will be one long bus ride, around 5 hours for all of them.

Giles/Glenvar and Abingdon/Marion some big games for those top seeds.

If Giles wins out I am pretty sure they have the top seed again this year....Glenvar would get us a ton of points and that last week Gate City has an open date....they will get a few points but sure don't think it would be enough to pass us.

My question is---------When is VHSL Helper going to start his page he does every year? I love that page!

I hope someone like Appomattox or Buckingham has to go to Lee for a playoff game.  

Would be nice to see those teams out there have to make more trips over this way.  Seems like track is the only sport that happens much though.

Gate City and Giles are going to be right on top of each other in points if both win out. Really close based on my calculations. However if Glenvar wins out theyll be the 1 seed pretty easily I believe.

I think that the Giles/Glenvar winner has #1 locked up pretty easily. If Marion is able to win out and knock off Abingdon, I think that they are really close to GC at #2 and could potentially pass GC. It may come down to the Tazewell @ Lebanon game the final week (Marion def. Tazewell and GC def. Lebanon).  The Giles/Glenvar loser has #3 locked up if Marion cannot win out. Otherwise, they should be #4. 

Gate City and Giles are going to be right on top of each other in points if both win out. Really close based on my calculations. However if Glenvar wins out theyll be the 1 seed pretty easily I believe.

I don't see anyway Glenvar could get #1 easily and Giles be in a dog fight for #1 if either win out....cause Giles has more points now and they will basically either team get the same amount of points if they win that last game of the season since both should be 9-0 when they play each other

I've never looked at the open week hurting a team's rating. That is one of the times a team is rewarded or not for their schedule strength. Granted, if the only games a team has won has been over sorry teams, the open week doesn't help. But, if a team has won games over teams that are winning the majority of their games, the open week is a boost. For those teams, a pretty good amount of points are added in and the number of games divided by remains the same.

That's true but all the get on an open week is the bonus points.....they won't get all the points the giles/glenvar winner will get from beating the other....that's why they are #1 right now because they got those points for the win the week giles and glenvar were open

That's true, but they won't have to divide by a higher number either. The open week is all bonus points. Your rating can only go up....if you've played a tough schedule it can go up quite a bit. Anytime you beat a good team, the points are nice..but open week doesn't "hurt" anyone because every team has one.

Glenvar will get a few more points for beating Radford than Giles will for beating Floyd.  Both get about the same number of automatic points. Giles could get up to 10 bonus points from the other teams on their schedule and Glenvar up to 12.  I'd say Glenvar could pick up more points from theirs than Giles.  Glenvar could have an easier point cushion than Giles.

Giles

Blacksburg (vs. Cave Spring) 0-2
Narrows (vs. Galax) 0-2
Graham (vs. Fort Chiswell) 0-2
Galax (vs. Bland; vs. Grayson) 0-4

Glenvar

Galax (vs. Bland) 0-2
James River (vs. Craig) 0-2
Lord Botetotourt (vs. Staunton River; vs. William Byrd) 0-4
Grayson (vs. Narrows) 0-2
Covington (vs. Bath County) 0-2

I don't see anyway Glenvar could get #1 easily and Giles be in a dog fight for #1 if either win out....cause Giles has more points now and they will basically either team get the same amount of points if they win that last game of the season since both should be 9-0 when they play each other

Just my calculations.For instance, Glenvar beat Botetourt who will get them more rider points the next couple of weeks. As well Glenvar hasn't played Narrows or Graham whose not going to get Giles many more points the rest of the season. Narrows most likely none.

From the way it looks Gate City has the potential to get around 12 points the last week of the season if things fell right for them. Probably at least 8. And that will be a pretty good boost to there vhsl average points total.

I sure wish VHSL Helper would get involved in this and settle everything LOL....Ive heard from people here that keep up with this alot more than I do that if we win out we will for sure have more points than Gate City....but this is all hear-say and I know nothing for certain

Glenvar will get a few more points for beating Radford than Giles will for beating Floyd.  Both get about the same number of automatic points. Giles could get up to 10 bonus points from the other teams on their schedule and Glenvar up to 12.  I'd say Glenvar could pick up more points from theirs than Giles.  Glenvar could have an easier point cushion than Giles.

Giles

Blacksburg (vs. Cave Spring) 0-2

Narrows (vs. Galax) 0-2

Graham (vs. Fort Chiswell) 0-2

Galax (vs. Bland; vs. Grayson) 0-4

Glenvar

Galax (vs. Bland) 0-2

James River (vs. Craig) 0-2

Lord Botetotourt (vs. Staunton River; vs. William Byrd) 0-4

Grayson (vs. Narrows) 0-2

Covington (vs. Bath County) 0-2

You are forgetting that Graham and Narrows as well as Blacksburg and Christiansburg play each other the last week so we are getting points for both of those games no matter who wins

I sure wish VHSL Helper would get involved in this and settle everything LOL....Ive heard from people here that keep up with this alot more than I do that if we win out we will for sure have more points than Gate City....but this is all hear-say and I know nothing for certain

Most likely Giles would have more points than Gate City will if they win out. There is just potential for that to not be the case if and i stress if certain things happen as far as rider points. But like it always does, it will work itself out at seasons end.

You are forgetting that Graham and Narrows as well as Blacksburg and Christiansburg play each other the last week so we are getting points for both of those games no matter who wins

That's what I meant by "automatic points".  Didn't forget that part of it.  Giles gets 12 (Blacksburg vs. Christiansburg, Graham vs. Narrows, Auburn vs. East. Mont., Auburn vs. Floyd, East Mont vs. Radford, Radford vs. Glenvar).  Glenvar should also get 12 of those points.  Giles gets 22 (18 for the win, 4 for Floyd's 2 wins) for beating Floyd County and 34 if they beat Glenvar (18 for the win, 16 for wins; not including the Radford game since its yet to be played, but that's 2 points already included before).  Glenvar gets 26 for beating Radford (16 for the win, 8 for Radford's wins, and 2 more for them being a district 1A opp.) and Glenvar would get 34 if they beat Giles.

Gate City gets 26 points if the beat Central; 8 automatic points (Richlands/Lebanon; Union/Battle; Va High/Lee High; Lee/Battle).  Possibly up to 14 or 15 points from the rest of the teams.

Richlands (vs. Grundy) 0-2
Abingdon (vs. Tazewell; vs. Marion) 0-4

L Sullivan South (vs. Elizabethton) 0-1
L Bluefield (vs. James Monroe; vs. Wayne) 0-2
Lebanon (vs. Tazewell) 0-2
Virginia High (vs. Marion) 0-2

*Central (vs. Clintwood) 0-2 (*if GC beats Central)

Hopefully I got all that right.  Again, like you hokie, would like to see what Helper has to say.  He's the best at compiling all these.

I'm sure there will be some upsets to throw things off next week, but it does look like GC has a shot at that top seed, but its a stretch at this point.  If you're a GC fan, I'd be hoping more for Giles to win out than Glenvar.  The strength of schedule makes a difference.  I get blasted for saying that about Lee, but its the truth....Gate City, Union, and Lee may end up a 8-2 each, but those three 1A teams (combined with the poor records) puts them with a chance of not hosting a playoff game and an undefeated Giles team in a dog fight with an 8-2 team.