Lebanon @ Richlands

Blues_56

First post in a long time other than the pick em' for me.  Finally have been able to go to all the games this year with a dayshift job (seven years of straight evenings suck btw) for my Richlands boys.  Nobody is saying much about this game but to me it is a big game for both schools.  Lebanon has been kind of a sleeper team in 2A and Richlands lost focus after the BYE against Abingdon.  I remember playing against Lebanon 02-06 and they were always strong and has some speed guys but mostly just strong as hell.  If the playoffs were today these two teams would still be playing each other.  What does Lebanon have that nobody is talking about because I haven't heard much about them.  Only know they've kept games close for the most part that they have lost and their record speaks for itself at 5-3, theyre doing something to win....good defense or good offense or little of both??.  Annnnnnnd, go.............

Welcome back Blues_56 and yes you are right. This is a huge game for the Blues this week and a must win if they want a good seed. I look for the Blues to come out and play a very good game against a good Lebanon football team who will no doubt believe they can win this game,

Farris is back and will play some this week. He has looked really good in practice and will greatly improve our offense. Alley and Collins will not be playing this week and that does hurt our line and offense. Its just that time of year where you have to deal with young men being injured and not able to go. I really don't know a lot about Lebanon and would be anxious to hear what others who have seen them play have to say about them.

In the past couple of years the QB run was the only real threat.  Not that they weren't good with it but still 1 dimensional offense and a good defense.  I can't see that a lot would have changed in the last year but would be curious to know more of them as well.

Rasnake for Lebanon.  #19 I think.  Kid is good.  Uses his hands well at DE and sheds blocks well.  He's a little dirty and will always try to get that hidden jab in or that push while getting up.  He is also a pretty good KR. Runs hard.  Not as good as Vance for you guys but he goes hard.  He plays some RB as well and does pretty well.  Sexton is the QB and seems to have pretty good vision as he runs the ball a lot.  Decent arm strength, decent accuracy.  People scoffed at AHS for barely beating them but they are a tough crew.  I'm sure Mance will have your kids ready, they shouldn't look past Lebanon at all.  Stamper is a good player as well. WR if I remember correctly.

I really don't know much about Lebanon either so making a prediction is tough,  but i have a lot of confidence in Mance & Co to have the guys ready for this game, especially after the loss last week.  I am also sure there is not much of a chance that the Blues overlook Lebanon either after last week and with Lebanon giving Abingdon a tough game and the playoffs just around the corner !

You can't always go by the way one team does against another team because some teams match up better than others,  but it does let you know that Lebanon is a good team and not a team to look past !

I think the blues win, especially with it being at Ernie,   but it could be a closer game than some may have thought it would be just a few weeks ago.  Lebanon always plays hard and I don't expect anything different this week.

This time of the year I just really hope that both teams can come out of the game with no major injuries that can effect either teams playoff run !

Lebanon hits hard but absolutely no depth. Cannot punt nor cover them if they get them off. But they will,hit you. The Tornadoes win probably easily but the boys will be sore on Saturday.