2A West cheat sheet is up

VHSLhelper

Updated.

Six teams have clinched a 1st round home game, 11 teams are in, and 10 others are vying for the final five spots, with only Graham, James River & Floyd Co. playing "weaker" teams. The absolute minimum to get in is 157 points.
I'll update it again Monday night after the JIB-RC game, and again Thur. night after the Richlands @ Grundy game.
1A West will be up tonight.

They've got to do something about these playoff seedings. If (and it's a huge if) we beat Lee, we can make the playoffs (with a tad of help), with a 3-7 record. Teams that finish 3-7 don't need to be making the playoffs. It's great for the kids to get another game and experience, but from a quality of football standpoint, they need to make sure the teams that make it deserve it.

They've got to do something about these playoff seedings. If (and it's a huge if) we beat Lee, we can make the playoffs (with a tad of help), with a 3-7 record. Teams that finish 3-7 don't need to be making the playoffs. It's great for the kids to get another game and experience, but from a quality of football standpoint, they need to make sure the teams that make it deserve it.

Its either gotta be 16 per side or 8, I would be fine with 8 but I can see why they went with 16.  

Look at Martinsville. 1-8 and still 16 seed, With 138 points and they will get 20 points for just showing up against GW-Danville. I guess they really get the extra points because all they play are larger schools. They play 1 2A school(Dan River) and the rest are 3A,4A, or 5A. If they had of not played Dan River and picked up the only Piedmont team they don't play,6A Franklin Co., they would be 1-8 with more points than they have now. There program is going thru a really tough time now, but how can a 1-9 team still be in the hunt for a playoff spot, no matter who you have been playing. Seems to me the system needs some tweaking!!

Having 16 teams get in isint so much about the 13-16 seeds, as much as the 9-12 seeds. Some good teams in those spots that are deserving. Personally I dont want to see bye weeks so its gotta be 8 or 16. I think with the way the state is divided in 2 in each division 8 teams is enough and all the good teams are just about guaranteed to be in