PATRICK HENRY @ CLINTWOOD

cwood78

I kinda side with Counts here, how does a team with a "great QB", "one of the better tight ends in the area" a " Very, Very good MLB" and "3 or 4 really good receivers" lose to TW?

I know a lot can change over the course of a season but TW? really?

This is my point.  I've seen PH this year.  They do not have a great QB but do have a good running back.  If they didn't have the running back they wouldn't have beat the Cavs.  I just know how Clintwood is the standard in 1A football and PH can't match that.  One and done.  

Just from what I know about Tommy Walker this year I find it hard to say that PH wins this one because I don't see how they would have lost to TW. Clintwood will play a solid game and are always physical. ...no matter the pure talent level they have. (And I make the comment about the talent level because I've not seen them play this year other than on highlights) I was gonna say PH would pull the upset til I read that PH lost to TW.....that kinda rained on my upset parade.

Clintwood - 41

Rebels - 20

I see what you guys are saying about the TW loss...but I just think teams gel and improve as the season goes on.  They beat Northwood to close out their season.  Northwood beat Marion early on.  If Northwood played Marion tonight, who'd win? I'm not saying its a sure thing that PH wins...I'd be a fool to say that about ANY game in high school football.  I just think PH has improved drastically as the season has progressed and they have a legit shot of winning.

I agree BigO....time and hard work will mend a team together and they will get better. But thats a big jump. That's like losing to Arkansas Pine Bluff by 30 at the first of the year then managing to beat FSU or Alabama by seasons end.....just a hard pill to swallow. However this is high school and not D1, FBS, or FCS talent...So you do have a point......anything can happen when it's a bunch of high school kids. I hope they both represent their school well in the first round and make a good game of it.

Backup QB plus 9 turnovers. ...that could lose a ballgame for ya for sure. But I still would think their defense should be good enough to stop TWs offense once they committed those tturnovers. I wouldn't mind to see the upset....i hope they put together a good game against the Wave. But Clintwood is a tough place to play......and its about 20 degrees colder in that hole in the hill. One of the best football atmospheres in SW VA.

They beat Northwood to close out their season.  Northwood beat Marion early on.  If Northwood played Marion tonight, who'd win?

The same Marion team that blew out Union, and defeated Abingdon, lost to Northwood, who in turn lost to Patrick Henry and Rural Retreat. PH lost to Tommy Walker, and Rural Retreat got beat by Holston, who allowed 72 points from Rye Cove.

Welcome to the Hogo. This is the same confusing mess of a District that went 4-2 against the SWD and 2-2 against the Mountain this year.

I see what you guys are saying about the TW loss...but I just think teams gel and improve as the season goes on.  They beat Northwood to close out their season.  Northwood beat Marion early on.  If Northwood played Marion tonight, who'd win? I'm not saying its a sure thing that PH wins...I'd be a fool to say that about ANY game in high school football.  I just think PH has improved drastically as the season has progressed and they have a legit shot of winning.

Northwood really is Limping into the playoffs and if not for Mailbox gate vs Marion would be traveling in round 1

Going into the 1st game of the season with a backup QB is a tough propasition for any team but loseing to TW even in that situation is a big red flag

Haveing not seen PH this season I cant say how I feel about the matchup Does PH run the spread? I? Wing T? Double Wing?

For the PH fans out there Clintwood is primarly an "I" team that runs out of the Pistol from time to time If they can run on you they will grind it out and are perfectly happy playing 3 yards and a cloud of dust football however they also have a very good passing game this season with #10 and #5 haveing the abality to take it to the house at any time. They are alittle undersized on D (Other than #54 he may be alot of things but undersized is not one of them LOL) But they get to the ball quick  there weak spot is defending the pass which was exploited by Union, Haysi and Honaker in there losses

The same Marion team that blew out Union, and defeated Abingdon, lost to Northwood, who in turn lost to Patrick Henry

IDK about the "Same Team" I had heard that Marion had 9 starters out for that game that being said PH was missing started vs TW so they may be much better than advertised

I kinda side with Counts here, how does a team with a "great QB", "one of the better tight ends in the area" a " Very, Very good MLB" and "3 or 4 really good receivers" lose to TW?

I know a lot can change over the course of a season but TW? really?

I can see how it would seem odd. The QB did not play that game and PH fumbled 7 times. All recovered by TW. They lost by 6. 

The same Abingdon team that Gate city shut out early in the season... Marion struggled with last week. With that being said Marion is still a great team and would concern me if GC has to play them. It's all about matchups and certain styles that teams play. I think that's alot of what happens in these s**t storms that were seeing of teams losing to one's we felt for sure should be wins

This is my point.  I've seen PH this year.  They do not have a great QB but do have a good running back.  If they didn't have the running back they wouldn't have beat the Cavs.  I just know how Clintwood is the standard in 1A football and PH can't match that.  One and done.  

He may not be great but he has thrown for well over 1000 yds the last 2 years and definitely lit you guys up. PHs JV would have probably beaten you all. I know Abingdons JV would have. Mark Palmer is a very good person, he called off the dogs early. You really shouldn't disrespect kids that way. I understand that you are a sad man but the Cavs will be back.....one day.

remember way back in 2011, lol, clintwood got drilled at grayson co.. who woulda thought they would win a state title after that game? just goes to show.....so i'm sure clintwood isn't gonna take this one lightly.....

Rat, I think that if AHS played GC again this year, the score would be much closer.  I am NOT saying that AHS would win, but they wouldn't get shut out either.  AHS has improved greatly as the season has progressed.  Please don't take this as being argumentative with you...not my intention at all.  I'm just saying that all teams SHOULD get better as the season goes along.  AHS has a soph QB that was starting his 2nd game against GC.  That's a bit intimidating, which is complimentary to GC's tradition.  He made no audibles that game and never kept the ball once on the read.  If you watch him now, he audibles regularly and runs when he should.  That alone makes a huge difference in the run and pass game.  Just my thoughts.

Well the one game i missed this year due to work schedule was the AHS and GC game. So when I saw the Falcons play last week I was shocked that they didn't score at some point against GC. Sturgill looked good out of shotgun and made alot of good reads and he throws the ball exceptionally well which usually doesn't bode too good for GC. So i have no doubts myself that the game would be closer if they played again. I also too will say that GCs play got worse toward the end of the season....just didn't take care of the ball at all and was lucky to win at Lee and played really sloppy against Battle. Nothing argumentative about what you said at all though BigO...seems to just be the truth.

He may not be great but he has thrown for well over 1000 yds the last 2 years and definitely lit you guys up. PHs JV would have probably beaten you all. I know Abingdons JV would have. Mark Palmer is a very good person, he called off the dogs early. You really shouldn't disrespect kids that way. I understand that you are a sad man but the Cavs will be back.....one day.

He has not lit up the Cavs in the past 2 years.

http://www.tricities.com/sports/article_73fc751e-32fd-11e3-8e9c-001a4bcf6878.html?keepThis=true&TB_iframe=true&height=650&width=850&caption=TriCities.com+-+sports%2Flocal+high+school

The stats show he got his yards when we had our JV kids in there.  It was 49-0 before they scored on us last year.  The stats don't lie.  I don't understand why you are defending him FALCON  he left your school and went to another school for "football" reasons?  

I would guess he defends him for 2 reasons....1) it's just plain wrong to be disrespectful to a kid that gives his all  2). because the kid is a great kid. I will defend any kid on here (AHS kid or not) that I know gives his all and plays with heart. I would defend Wagner if someone disrespected him on here.  Or Herron.  You just don't do that.  PH beat Holston this year.  Its over cavdaddy...move on.

I'm not attacking the kid and glad he has found a place where he can compete.  I never understood the transfer thing and it was a known fact in this county that they shopped around looking for a place to go because of the competition level at Abingdon.  Tried here but couldn't beat our Seth Thomas, so went to PH.  I apologize if stating the truth appears to be attacking, it is not.  I will say that if PH had not had four transfers (three from Abingdon) they would not be where they are today.  With that said, the Wright kid has helped them but for FALCON to elude or even hint that he dominated Holston the past two years is just plain wrong.  I included the stats from that game and said my peace.  Thank You