PATRICK HENRY @ CLINTWOOD

cwood78

They line up in a pistol set the majority of the time with a 1 and 2 back set. They have another rb besides Humpbreys kid who is a strong downhill type runner. He started for them last year but had a shoulder injury early this year. The Davenport kid has good speed and will be key to slowing down their passing game. The other wideout is 6' 6" so he creates some matchup problems. They also run the wishbone some but they didn't against Northwoods and I doubt they will against Cwood

I'm not attacking the kid and glad he has found a place where he can compete.  I never understood the transfer thing and it was a known fact in this county that they shopped around looking for a place to go because of the competition level at Abingdon.  Tried here but couldn't beat our Seth Thomas, so went to PH.  I apologize if stating the truth appears to be attacking, it is not.  I will say that if PH had not had four transfers (three from Abingdon) they would not be where they are today.  With that said, the Wright kid has helped them but for FALCON to elude or even hint that he dominated Holston the past two years is just plain wrong.  I included the stats from that game and said my peace.  Thank You

WOW, you really are a sad man resorting to outright falsehoods. If you knew the kid like BigO and I do you wouldn't even make those statements. Holston absolutely won last year, please re- read my post, but he and his team could have scored 60 on you this year. Please refrain from disrespecting a kid that works very hard at his job and has helped his team be successful.

IMHO the 6 6 kid will be a problem for Clintwood due to our shortness at Corner. Looking at the Box scores I would think that shoping there running game is closer to the key to beating PH as the Dakoda kid seems to have about 150 YPG in there wins.

I am looking forward to this game

They line up in a pistol set the majority of the time with a 1 and 2 back set. They have another rb besides Humpbreys kid who is a strong downhill type runner. He started for them last year but had a shoulder injury early this year. The Davenport kid has good speed and will be key to slowing down their passing game. The other wideout is 6' 6" so he creates some matchup problems. They also run the wishbone some but they didn't against Northwoods and I doubt they will against Cwood

^ All of this. As an overall scheme, it's pretty much a multiple offense, but if you had to give it a more in-depth label, from what I've seen, it's a Wing-T from the pistol, with lots of veer elements thrown in. They like their split backs and flexbone formations. 

Kind of off topic, but it seems like almost every team in SWVA that still runs the Wing-T is shifting things toward the pistol. I guess that's just the way that the sport is changing.

Over 1000 yards passing in a season isn't anything that special in my opinion. I mean that's only an average of a hundred and some a game.

1,000 yards passing is really good for 1A ball. 800 is about the benchmark for good, 1,500 is REALLY good. Look at the stat leaders locally, not many over 1,000 in 1A.

REBELDAD, probably about 2 hours. 

^ All of this. As an overall scheme, it's pretty much a multiple offense, but if you had to give it a more in-depth label, from what I've seen, it's a Wing-T from the pistol, with lots of veer elements thrown in. They like their split backs and flexbone formations. 

Kind of off topic, but it seems like almost every team in SWVA that still runs the Wing-T is shifting things toward the pistol. I guess that's just the way that the sport is changing.

A Wing-T offense from the Pistol gives the offense their full Wing-T playbook, some 3 Back type plays(running the QB as a RB) and some Spread elements, its the wave of the future(really its aspects of the Single Wing)

The game with TW was pouring rain, awful conditions and they really did have 9 fumbles and lost 7. It was ugliest game I've ever seen. The one good back TW has, busted a long one for a td and the rest was just messy. Had a chance to win and threw an int. TW then ran clock out... Mark runs whatever is needed, really nothing that is not an option. Could be spread then double right power I next play. Not sure they are still doing it but he has ran no huddle throughout his career...

Obviously Clintwood is the favorite, THey have a good team and are very well coached. Add to the fact it is the last game ever at that field and it makes for a special night. I think the Rebel fans are just excited to finally see a good football team that plays hard. It seems like it has been a while. This has been an interesting read with the exception of cavdaddy who has nothing good to say about the Rebels. Good luck to both teams this Friday lets hope it is a good one.

Patrick Henry has came a long way.  They're well coached and their kids play hard.  I believe this is going to be a good match up and wish our fellow hogoheegee team good luck.  Cavdaddy you just need to move on.

Someone said they thought this was 1st meeting for these teams. Good article in BHC and tricoties.com on the Rebels and their motivation for this season. Win or lose this will be a season these young men never forget.