Falcons vs Broadway

fatherfalcon

After the way they played this past Friday against Marion it wouldn't be a stretch of the imagination to see the Falcons make a good run in the playoffs. I had no bias on the game....and i for one got to witness them dominate in all facets of the game....yet still come up short on the scoreboard. I felt like a couple bad play calls and a costly turnover on downs inside the 5 yard line was the turning point in the game. No offense to Marion though....they are just a tough team with good talent. I've not seen Broadway since 97 when they played GC for the state title.....but I'm going to say the Falcons win if they play similar to this past Friday!

I watched Broadway play Robert e lee online a few weeks back. Very sloppy team from the game I saw. Not saying that's how they are but that game they didn't impress me at all. If they play that way against abingdon I don't see them winning

Well i know the Falcons played well against a solid 2A Marion team. I can't say for how that will bode in the 3A bracket considering I've not seen any of those teams play but I feel they should do okay in their first game of the playoffs at least. And very true....I'm well aware. Play calling was an issue as well as it took them out of the game in scoring position....When their QB was getting 5-10 yards a clip and they passed on a 3rd & 4th and short which played into Marions hands

To me, the 240 mile trip alone is worth 10 points for Broadway. That's a LONG ride on a bus, even if it is a charter.

It's not Abingdons offense that worries me. It's their D. Broadway will almost assuredly have 5 times the atheletes that Abingdon has. Can they stop Broadway is the question that decides it to me.

I agree that's a haul and it definitely doesn't benefit a team to travel. I thought Abingdon defended the run well.....shut down Wagner for essentially 3 quarters. But once they came up short on that TD pass and lost momentum it's like they gave up! At that point Marion just showed way more physicality and started making great blocks for Wagner. It will be interesting to see how they do.....I'm no Abingdon fan but I think Reed and Colobro has already made a difference in the atmosphere in Abingdon. They may have something in a few years. Can't make chicken salad out of chicken crap in one year if you know what I mean!

I agree that's a haul and it definitely doesn't benefit a team to travel. I thought Abingdon defended the run well.....shut down Wagner for essentially 3 quarters. But once they came up short on that TD pass and lost momentum it's like they gave up! At that point Marion just showed way more physicality and started making great blocks for Wagner. It will be interesting to see how they do.....I'm no Abingdon fan but I think Reed and Colobro has already made a difference in the atmosphere in Abingdon. They may have something in a few years. Can't make chicken salad out of chicken crap in one year if you know what I mean!

I hope I never eat any chicken salad that has chicken crap in it lol

It's possible you'll notice the difference! Haha The point being the coaching staff at Abingdon now knows how to win and what it takes.

You can have great coaches but also you need being tough,having heart and the will to be a champion before you can win.(recipe for success) Something that Abingdon still does not have. Seems like some people just want a instant powerhouse just add hot water and stir.

Now a couple of tips to get the dynasty started.

1. Drop the small 1a schools and play some 4a and 5a schools from Tenn.( you may lose and not get to walk around with your chest stuck out for a week) but you will gain more points and get a higher ranking for hosting home playoff games also playing at a higher level will help the kids learn they have to play hard for 4 quarters.

2.Run that damn hill (beside the visitors bleachers) about 20 times each practice so your not gased come the 4th quarter.

Now bash my post if you know anything about sports you know this is true.