Falcons vs Broadway

fatherfalcon

Never said that they could win without talent. But when you have good coaches it obviously will make a difference in the kids attitude toward the game when they know their coaches are proven and they believe in what they have to say. That's a part of it to begin with and getting players to play that walk the hallways that have never touched the field. Peaking their interests in a game they've never had any interest for....you'll see talent that normally may have never graced the field. I know what it takes for success.....i was a part of a successful program and am proud to say so. I too also know the difference in coaches that know what it takes and getting the best from their players in comparison to coaches that are okay with just being a "good team compared to usual".

fastpich7 guys like fatherfalcon come and go. If he stays he will learn the hard way just like I did. Its hard to fix stupid! There are a few good Falcon guys on here. I really like Mountian Man and Big O.

Abingdon can win this game of course! They will in my opinion have to play mistake free ball and physical. On offense when you have a QB like Sturgill and a good running back....you can score some points. I agree with Ryan, Abingdon wins this game if they can play great defense. Its just a different beast out there.

Of course I will be pulling for Abingdon to win this game and hope they do regardless of the classless acts on here!

I was asking how many Seniors Abingdon has that are starters because I was going to mention that talking smack to a team with the talent that Richlands normally has isn't the greatest move. It will come back to haunt you. Might wanna be humble and enjoy your win over a Richlands team that is down compared to the past 5 or 6 years...and i mean that with absolutely no disrespect to Richlands. Still a good ball team that can beat anyone in 2A if they are firing on all cylinders

And thank you BlueRazor. Just wasn't enough friendly chatter and good football smack talk on the other board I'm a part of. This board seems to be pretty eventful from some of the stuff I have read from the outside looking in. Some of the stuff a few post on here is downright comical....and i had to get in on some of it!

Its all good. I love the back and forth but not from a guy who just made his second post on here! Just wait and see what happens if he challenges GMan, UVAObserver or BearcatBob. You will see some great stuff then! I just keep my trap shut and enjoy the beatdown into submission or the "HAMMER"!!!

Yea i generally try to stay as humble as possible instead of pissing in someone's oats before they even get the chance to stir them. Looking forward to some posting here throughout the post season. Hopefully someone from SW VA will bring home the trophy!

But back to the game at hand......has anyone seen Broadway play other than the one individual that said he saw them on video and they looked sloppy? I guess I'm gonna have to look them up and see if they have any good video clips of them

Wow! That's some really good stuff and entertaining. Maybe FalconMan and Southy will have some competition now ! People like you entertain us. Thanks

fastpich7 guys like fatherfalcon come and go. If he stays he will learn the hard way just like I did. Its hard to fix stupid! There are a few good Falcon guys on here. I really like Mountian Man and Big O.

Abingdon can win this game of course! They will in my opinion have to play mistake free ball and physical. On offense when you have a QB like Sturgill and a good running back....you can score some points. I agree with Ryan, Abingdon wins this game if they can play great defense. Its just a different beast out there.

Of course I will be pulling for Abingdon to win this game and hope they do regardless of the classless acts on here!

I'm pulling for Abingdon to win also, but the will have to play for 4 quarters. I believe they got tired and/or lack of heart against Marion.

I believe riverrat24 is a falcon with a mask on trying to make us all think he's from GC. And father falcon is just trying to rattle some of us.

That's some good info.....Wilson Memorial is ranked high though and are supposed to be legit....but have they played anyone themselves to validate that other than the Riverheads team they lost to? And Appomattox from what I've heard is solid...but we too will find out about them after they play Lee which could upset anyone on any given night. Losing to those two 2A teams might not speak real badly for Broadway even though it does look bad losing to a smaller school.

Haha Ole Fastpitch7 is throwing knuckleballs already and I haven't even stepped up to the plate! Let me get in the batters box first overachiever. I've been attending GC ball games since I was 5 or 6 years old and haven't missed more than 5 in my life since then.....The good, bad, and downright ugly! I'm a big blue diehard through and through. But I however like to see teams do well from this area when they aren't playing against GC. It feels good when NoVA schools get spanked by SW VA teams and shows them that life does exist below the Roanoke line

First of all the AD of the home teams decides when the game will be played UNLESS their is a lengthy drive for the visiting team. I believe the agreed upon length was 3 hours. In that case the traveling team has the right to request a Saturday game.

From my unbiased perspective I believe that Broadway is the 2nd worst team in the draw. (Waynesboro being the worst)

I have seen 2 scout films on Broadway and I can say without a doubt that their seeding is a result of a very weak schedule.

I have not seen Abingdon, but on paper I think there is a similar vibe concerning the Falcons but to a lessor extent. Neither of these teams has faced nearly the competition they can see in the playoffs.

Based on only seeing one of these teams I would be surprised if Abingdon did not win this game.

Also, Keep in mind that the winner of this game will travel to Bogle Field to play Hidden Valley in the 2nd round.      

RiverRat24... Don't know how old you are but I'm wondering if u remember those great GC teams in the late 70's and early 80's. I went to the Graham Gate City game in bluefield when The Seavers guy played and he was amazing. I'm thinking it was around the 77 or 78 season.

Well RebelDad.....the particular Seavers boys I know of actually played in the 90s era. More than likely were kin to the ones your mentioning. The GC and Graham battles have been some of the best I've ever seen....right there with PV and Appy. Ive seen most of the films from those years though. ...including the films from the early 70s. My uncle played with The Phantom Phil Rogers and that championship team from GC.

And If this is true that they are playing on Friday night, ill never in my life understand wwhy Abingdon has chose to do so. Leaving on Friday and staying the night to get settled in and get some rest seems way more strategical and sensible.

Just in case anyone is interested....

http://www.telemediaproductions.com/#!svs2014/c1wun

Broadway has two games on here, as well as Riverheads, Wilson Memorial, East Rockingham, and others. They do a game of the week through the season and stream it live, complete with commentary and instant replay. They do a pretty good job...for a high school game.

Just in case anyone is interested....

http://www.telemediaproductions.com/#!svs2014/c1wun

Broadway has two games on here, as well as Riverheads, Wilson Memorial, East Rockingham, and others. They do a game of the week through the season and stream it live, complete with commentary and instant replay. They do a pretty good job...for a high school game.

Thanks Union_fan.

From what I have heard, Reed wants a Friday night game.  No idea why, but it is what it is. Broadway was a great draw for AHS.  I wish it was at home of course, but their two losses came from  3-7 and 5-5 teams.  AHS can and probably will win this one.  Calpreps even predicts AHS win.  Regardless of the outcome in the playoffs for AHS, man, what a freaking turnaround for this team.  Have they played the best competition all season?  No, that's a given. But they played the exact same teams last year and finished 4-6. I have seen some film on Broadway and I truly think AHS win this...and that's not being a homer.