Falcons vs Broadway

fatherfalcon

Ryno, you are one intellectually dishonest hombre.  Actually, more of a Keyboard Commando who gets his drawers "all bunched up" when someone forgets to bow down to the alter of RYAN4VT. 

The difference between you and me is that you need universal acceptance and any dissension is tantamount to a physical assault.  I say what I think without worry about being liked  You still have time to grow out of it but the clock is ticking.  I hope you let it go now because if I have to give you any ore analysis, I will need to send you a bill for those services.  And before you say it, you do not those services!

I don't generally care if anyone likes me or not. I don't "need" to be liked. With that said, life on this board is much more kind to those who aren't assholes. So you continue down your path to the hammer, and I'll stay over on mine. 

To quote Falconman, "Smell ya later."

"One would think that during the 7 years working toward that 2 year degree, you would have run across that concept somewhere"

If that is what you consider a derogatory comment, you have bigger self esteem issues than I am equipped to address!  I can provide you the name of good therapist if you like.  Maybe you, redtiger, blue razor and anyone else who finds that statement offensive can get a volume discount on sessions? 

With all the emotional "outrage" from you 3 geniuses I thought that I may have actually said something out of line...had me worried there for a moment. 

Man I'm glad that's over with!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now back to Abingdon. Very proud of the Falcons tonight! Wish so much it would have ended different but a GREAT season and one to be very proud of. Nothing to hold your head down about this season. Wow what a difference a very good coaching staff can make. Of course the young men have worked very hard for this and now hopefully look forward to football in Falcon Town !

Congratulations to the whole Abingdon football community!!!!

Man I'm glad that's over with!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now back to Abingdon. Very proud of the Falcons tonight! Wish so much it would have ended different but a GREAT season and one to be very proud of. Nothing to hold your head down about this season. Wow what a difference a very good coaching staff can make. Of course the young men have worked very hard for this and now hopefully look forward to football in Falcon Town !

Congratulations to the whole Abingdon football community!!!!

2nd that!!! Great season Falcons!!! I thought after the comeback they were gonna pull it out and make some SWVA noise in 3A but Broadway knew they were there and that SWVA can play some football!!!

Thanks guys. Just got home...3:30a.m.  I am just sick.  We spotted them 14 points in the first qtr. They scored a TD and kicked off.  We fumbled the kickoff.  They scored.  They kicked off and we were having a decent return when a Bway player stripped the ball and returned it to about the 20.  They subsequently scored.  It was 21-0 with like 8 minutes to go in the 1st freaking qtr. We regained our composure somewhat and held them to a FG the rest of the first half.  We also scored a TD and ALMOST scored another right at the end of the half.  Halftime 24-7.  Came out of halftime pissed.  We outscored them 31-17 in the 2nd half and even took the lead.  We just needed to make a stop...just ONE stop....and we couldn't do it.  We were up 35-31 and had the ball first and goal at their 5.  We spread them out and hand off to Jordan 2 consecutive plays and he gained maybe a yard.  They have a really good D line.  3rd and goal from about the 4 and we throw a slant...incomplete.  Why in the world we didn't our QB for at least one of those downs I have no idea.  The film I saw on them showed they had a great dline on trap plays.  Sturgill is a great QB and will get even better and better as he gets older.  Anyway, we had to settle for the FG...AHS 38 Bway31.  They score another TD to tie it up and then later, with like 6 seconds left, kick a FG to take lead. 2.9 left on clock and they kickoff.  Our player just falls on it (squibb) and that leaves 1.4 seconds...amazing to me that it takes 1.5 seconds to fall on a ball.  Last play hail mary gets picked.  I will say this, that team was the worst holding team I have ever seen. I mean tragically horribly so.  I am sure that AHS probably held some tonight too.  But we had guys in the back field all night chasing their QB all over the place and from the stands you could easily, I MEAN EASILY see jerseys being pulled and yet not one single hold was called all night on either team. Not one. Nada. Zip. Zero. Zilch. It amazed me.  Would it have made a difference in the outcome?  I don't know but I know they wouldn't have completed as many passes as they did if the holds had been called and AHS would have had a ton more sacks.  Anyway, don't want to appear sourgrapes.  This was my sons final game of football, as it was for many other seniors. A sad night but I will tell my son when he gets home (whenever that will be...lol) that he and his teammates have been through a lot and they have a TON to be proud of.  Hopefully, they started something that future teams at AHS can finish.  Thanks again for the congrats from you guys.  Best of luck to all that are still playing! 

Abingdon has improved greatly this year, I hope I can see that continue. This game apparently ( I listened to the 2nd half) came down to the same thing that plagued the falcons all year. Toughness/physicality late in the games. They have a ton of athletic ability and the offense is fun to watch. They showed a lot of heart coming back from a deficit in the playoffs on the road, actually taking the lead twice late. They have nothing to hang their head about. The kids will hurt for a while as do all who suffer a tough loss that ends the season.

I cannot say much as to all the holding calls, but in the playoffs you gotta suck it up and play. The birds had their chances and that is more than a lot of folks gave them going in. They are getting closer to where they need to be in 3A and from what I hear the schedule is getting beefed up in the near future, which will only help them in the long run.