Richlands @ Marion

Ryan4VT

How does the blues match up with Marion.does Marion pass alot or run.i here they have a great defense.and if the blues win who would be up next.

Balanced offense much like Richlands. RB Wagner is really good. QB can throw. Don't know much about their defense, however. The winner of this game faces the winner of Buckingham @ Gate City. So if Richlands and Buckingham both win, Richlands will be at home next week.

Honestly, at the start of the Abingdon-Marion game I underestimated Wagner. As the game went on, he got tougher and tougher and couldn't be stopped. They kept fighting and came way with the win and earned (or should have earned) respect. I may have to travel to Marion to watch this one myself.

Hey Canes and Hurricane......how about an update on what Marion is working on this week ? Types of formations, trick plays and the keys to stopping Wagner and Lefler....lol

if I knew I would tell ya lol 

I've eaten a the Dip Dog a few times, but I think King Kong in Richlands has them beat when it comes to hotdogs, especially their slawdogs.

Why are you getting hotdogs at the Dip Dog? Lol. I've only ever had a Dip Dog and then milkshakes. Haha.

Well I have been waiting all week to see everybody else's predictions on this game and so far I have only seen two which is very unusual as far as a score goes. I think its great to see a Marion football team come from the middle of the pack for years and be one of the top three teams in 2A West. What a great job! I almost feel bad in predicting a Richlands win because I have so much respect for my friends Canes and Hurricane but if I know them as good as I think I do, they will have no problem predicting Marion in this one...lol.

I know it sounds old and what everybody else says but its true here. When you have two very good teams playing each other "Home Field" advantage comes into play of course but it normally comes down to the team that plays fundamentally sound with their individual assignments with blocking and tackling. Then there is the big factors of turnovers and penalties. I truly believe the team that wins those areas will win the game. I look for it to go down to the last possession of the game. I think Richlands has benefitted from being in so many tough and hard fought close games this year and has been on both sides of the outcome.

I personally think this could very easily be a low scoring game. I just think there are to many playmakers on both teams for that to happen. I believe both teams are very good on defense also so that's why I have struggled to predict a score. I wish both teams good luck and hope its decided on the field amongst the young men giving it all they have!!!!!

Richlands - 27

Marion - 24 

Hey Richlands, just wanted to let you know that MOST of the HOGO teams will be pulling for you Friday night. Good luck.

And by "MOST of the HOGO" he means the four guys in Saltville whose jealousy outweighs their desire to see their District succeed. 

Razor, I'm with you in all points--believing this game is going to come down to whomever has the least turnovers and good field position for most of the night.  Have to back the Canes up early and keep them on their on side--can't give Wagner a short field to work with.  I think both teams are fairly equal in their offense and I would probably give the edge to the Blues in defense.  Another person and I were talking earlier today,  they stated that the Blues need to start off strong, controlling the ball and tempo, I agree. 

I am going to go with my Blues in a close one. 

One question, does the visitor side bleachers have aisles to go up and down to get to where you want to sit?

One question, does the visitor side bleachers have aisles to go up and down to get to where you want to sit?

Eh, yeah, but as it's been said before, Marion's away bleachers, aren't really bleachers. A lot of folks, will either sit on the hill above of the home bleachers, or if they're not intimidated by doing it, in the home bleachers themselves. Marion fans can be pretty rowdy, but they're usually respectful of opposing fans, and some of them might kid around with you, but they wouldn't be hostile if you chose to sit on the home side.

You can get a pretty good view of the away stands in this video: