fb-fan24263

Recipe to beat Giles

1 STUD DT to put on their strong side

1 Stud Safety that can make tackles at the los and cover the TEs on passes

3 fumbles by their RBs

1 lucky break in you favor

45 points by your offense

Game is in Pearisburg Saturday at 2:00 just confirmed to me

This is ridiculous that this game isn't played Friday night....HS football is made to be played Friday night and they are under the 3.5 hour travel limit so no reason this game isn't Friday night....

Galax controlled the line of scrimmage and kept Giles offense off the field as much as possible each of the last two seasons. Lost 25-21 last year and 37-30 this year. That recipe works if you can hold on but they are tough, disciplined, well coached and very talented.

My opinion say them destroy our blues last year and watched them once this year their line is not as dominant as last year. Play three lineman and five lb that can tackle their whole offence flows with the line getting blocks but if they have to go down field a couple of yards to block you the miss direction is not that deceiving

It's been a while since the players, fans, and the community in Lee county have shown as much enthusiasm for General's football as they have this year. Takes me back to the early 90s through mid 90s at Lee. I'm hoping Gate city and Union wins next week as well.

I was hoping it was Friday night as well, I have to work next Saturday. From my understanding this was Giles call.

Trust me pal this was NOT Giles call....we have NEVER played a Saturday game when the Friday night option was there home or away....this was all Lee's call but it's ok not a big deal I just prefer Friday night football like it was meant to be played....should be a good game i heard good things about Lee today from my buddy's that made the trip to Appomattox

I think Lee has a great chance at winning this one if they play like they did today! After Glenvar struggled to put away wise central. ...that Giles win over Glenvar no longer looks quite as impressive as i once thought it did. Still from what I've seen and heard Giles is a great team. But.....I'm gonna go for the upset pick:

Lee - 27

Giles - 21

Sorry Mr hokiebird7 I must have been misinformed. Thank you for the clarification!  I'd rather it be on Friday too.

Thank you GC_Quincy for the good words! I have nothing but respect for Gate City!

Trust me pal this was NOT Giles call....we have NEVER played a Saturday game when the Friday night option was there home or away....this was all Lee's call but it's ok not a big deal I just prefer Friday night football like it was meant to be played....should be a good game i heard good things about Lee today from my buddy's that made the trip to Appomattox

It can't be Lees call. You can not get from Ben Hurr to Giles in 3 1/2 hours on a bus. There's just no way. That's why this game is on a Saturday.

That said, I would want the game on Friday night as well, but sometimes it's not worth the kids getting back at 3 am. If a bus was to break down or something, with the temps this time of year, you just can't take the chance.

From what i heard it was lee that wanted it on saturday...but ive never been to lee so i have no idea how long it takes to get there.

I never said Lee wasn't good did I? If you are still playing you have a good team and I think Lee has a good shot to beat Giles(just going off what my friends that went to appomattox today told me)

I take no game lightly from the 2nd round on ever....last year Appomattox maybe should have beat us but we got a couple breaks and took advantage of them....so from here on out im expecting a war every single round as long as we keep playing