GATE CITY

HawkeyeDan

This guy from Buckingham is full of crap.  I'm a native of GC and have lived in Central VA for much of the past decade.  The only difference between the high school football teams in SWVA and the hole that exists between Richmond and Lynchburg is that our kids don't play in dumpy stadiums in front of 300 fans. 

this guy is a joke I mean you wait till you get ready to play Gate City to create a username and join this board and then you get on here and down gate city and act like Buckingham is world beaters one thing I do know about SWVA football when you travel to a stadium in SWVA from up the road you better be ready to battle its not going to come easy and anyone can talk big about there team over the computer.  Go Blue Devils 

I remember seeing Buckingham in the basketball playoffs a few years ago.  They might have brought 50 fans to the game.  On another message board, their own fans routinely complain about how poorly they travel in support of their team. 

I never said gate city didn't have any athletes. Never have I acted like we are world beaters. I'm only making a point that there is more athletes on the teams up this way. That don't guarantee victory week in week but honestly it helps. For example from a message received in a pm Gate City Lee you Scored Twice. Who Scored who won this game for ya. From won of your own I was told it was #7 your athlete.

The unfounded arrogance amazes me.  Beating the 2013 GC team as young as they were has no bearing on this year.  That Buckingham team last year wouldn't have defeated any Gate City team from the 1990s or most of the 2000s for that matter.  If you want to impress me, beat GC and then Marion or Richlands on the road this year. 

I will also be impressed if Buckingham brings more than 100 people a few cheerleaders down I-81 for the game as well.  I travel by Route 60 quite a bit between Richmond and Roanoke and it's just a full in the summer time as it is for a game it seems!  

Can't compare teams from the 90s to the 2000s or 80s and 70s..... Not going off of last years teams either. I know Gate City is capable of winning this game. I just don't think it will happen. So go keep what if the 2000 team could beat the 90 what ever team. That's never fails to amaze me you talk that because those teams prob. Where better than current and more athletic. I'm just saying.

If you think he's bad, you should read the stuff on Twitter..lol

Posting that crap on social media comes back to burn most of the time a kid from abingdon a couple weeks ago was talking about Sam Wagner saying Sam didn't have nothing on him and then Sam ran over him in the 4th quarter and the kid got mad and acted like he was going to get him while Marion was huddling up. It's dumb to talk trash on social media

Posting that crap on social media comes back to burn most of the time a kid from abingdon a couple weeks ago was talking about Sam Wagner saying Sam didn't have nothing on him and then Sam ran over him in the 4th quarter and the kid got mad and acted like he was going to get him while Marion was huddling up. It's dumb to talk trash on social media

Agree 150%

I'll take a Sam Wagner over anyone on Buckingham if I were drafting players.  I'm pretty sure I know what you really mean by saying "athletic" .   You are basically saying that GC can't beat a team that is predominantly African-American.  Well, Gretna said the same thing a few years ago and back in my day William Campbell said the same thing. I guarantee you GC is as in shape and athletic as any of the teams in Central VA I've watched over the years.

These are just a few of the gems so far...I'll post the better ones a little later. Buckingham could easily come to GC and win, but so could any team for that matter. Beating a team is one thing, disrespect is something else entirely.

"It's one thing to talk about getting "revenge" it's another to find 11 guys to line up across from us and take it"

"I'm tired of hearing about Gate City when we go all the way up there and get that W I don't wanna hear a word about them"

"Who cares if they put up 70 on a 4-6 15th seeded team"

"plus 4 starters on that team quit to play basketball and head coach got fired†they beat a JV team"