GATE CITY

HawkeyeDan

First off I would like to say that this is a nice message board, Looks very well ran.

Gate City Questions what kind of Team do they Have this year?

What kind of Facilities do they have? Seating/Parking

Lastly Where to Stay and any Food Places to try and hit up?

Welcome to the board Hawkeye. You will enjoy your trip there and find it an awesome place for High School playoff football. I am sure LegendatLegion or Quincy will be happy to help you out with those questions. They can tell you all you need to know. Once again welcome to SWVA

If youre coming down Friday and want to stay close I would stay somewhere in Kingsport TN(about 15 minutes from Legion Field). Lots of Motels and every restaurant you can imagine. You could also stay in Bristol(its right on 81), lots of motels and restaurants.

Glad youre here HawkeyeDan. I assume youre from Buckingham? Details on the team would be much appreciated.

Lots of parking at GC High School(where the stadium is located. GC has plenty of seating but expect about 1,000 GC fans to sit on the visitor side.

From there I will let some of the GC guys take it.

Hawkeye Dan-You will find GC Fans are great folks who really support The Devils .The Blue Devils are a very good team and they play SWVA Smash Mouth Football.

GC is very close to Kingsport.TN, where you can find great dining and lodging.

Good luck from another Blue, you will need it!

I am a Blue Tornado rooting for the Blue Devils.

Thanks for all the information Folks. I have heard a lot about having to travel to Gate City.  I know they where really young last year when they came to our place. 

We are Bringing a really good Football team down there. Im going to say as good as what we had last year but this team are hungry and determined to succeed. Our Strong suit will is the Offense/ While the Defense is Subject from time to time. when there on there game they are tough. Lot of Team speed.

Nope ... they have alot of fans!!!

THIS!

They will fill up the home side and half the visitor side. They section off 1/2 the visitor side for home fans. 

GC runs smash mouth swva football but they also spread it out well this season

I know they brought a lot to our place last year. probably the most  any school ever has. How many fans do they average for home playoff football games?

The attendance is usually the same for the regular season and the playoffs. Legion Field has 5000 seats. GC uses the 2500 on the home side and usually 1000-1250 on the away side. Buckingham should have at least 1250 seats still remaining. Of course there's no reserved seating (GC has around 1500) in the playoffs so anyone can sit anywhere you want now. 

Wow That is impressive I must say. sounds like it should be a great setting and environment for some good High School football. I even think the weather is going to be pretty nice also.

So thats around 3500 cow bells.....And you'll hear those cow bells for a week followed by a train horn on some big pickup!! although u heard the cow bells last year im sure!!! Pullin for the SWVA team in this one of course but best of luck and safe travels to you Buckingham folks!!

I do remember the bells from last year. They where pretty loud but wasn't that bad. Thanks for the best of wishes and luck on safe traveling. But really feel confident that the knights will win this game. I know Gate City is a good team and has a lot of tradition in Football, but I feel like with us being physical and with our speed to boot that we will win.

I do remember the bells from last year. They where pretty loud but wasn't that bad. Thanks for the best of wishes and luck on safe traveling. But really feel confident that the knights will win this game. I know Gate City is a good team and has a lot of tradition in Football, but I feel like with us being physical and with our speed to boot that we will win.

If you think this year's Buckingham team is equal to last year's then the Knights may be in trouble because Gate City is a much better team than last year. Having seen them play first hand I was very impressed with their defense, and they have some speed too.

Safe travels. I hope you enjoy your stay, and as redtiger said, if you stay in Kingsport you will have anything and everything you need and only be 15 minutes from the stadium.