GATE CITY

HawkeyeDan

Guys let er Rip !!!!!!! You all deserved it!!!!!!! You took a team that just had two athletes and 50 some "Good Ole Boys"...lol... and whupped some butt!!!!!! Couldn't be more proud of you guys for shutting that bunch up the good ole fashioned way. Congratulations and I am out of likes again so I will end with seconding my good friend Bigrhs.....I hope you all got it out of your system today!

Cant wait to see you guys next week but for sure enjoy this one!!!!!

Herron returned the opening kickoff of the 2nd half untouched for the TD, but was called out around the Buckingham 35.. no one was near him so I guess the muddy sideline confused him :) He was really adamant he didn't step out. It sure looked like a td. We scored anyway and wasted more time so no matter..

Real impressed with GC today.

Not sure what the final stats will show, but can't imagine Buckingham had many rushing yards. 

Very physical game by the Devils. Will be many sore Buckingham players tomorrow.

Legend...........we did not score on the drive after Herron's kick return TD was called back. We ended up turning it over on downs. Not a biggie. I'm like you, don't see how he could have stepped out of bounds there.

Honestly thought the Knights were very slow. I saw one of our DL chase down their QB from behind. Saw one of our DE chase down a RB from behind.  

Not sure what happened when their #11 went off. He had to be tackled by his own teammates to keep him from going after a GC player. He then tried to sneak back into the game later, but was caught by the officials. 

Great game today. Should be a great one next Saturday also. 

I just wanted to, first Congratulate Gate City on their Victory today. In a million years I would not have thought they would win this big. They are a very good football team. # 7 is a very special player # 10 to be as young as he is he can sling the Ball also. I know he only got us on two pass plays but there was a couple more he could have got us on. I think he had some jitters then. Good luck to you Guys Next week. I know you all want to hear me say it so here it is We Got a Ass Kicking Today in every phase of this Game.

They're still talking trash. Just no class.

You can tell alot about a program from the way their players and fans conduct themselves. GC is # 3 winningest program in Virginia (1A-6A) since 1970. By contrast, Buckingham County is #130 - this was evident today.

Realize all schools have their bad apples (Including GC).

You can tell alot about a program from the way their players and fans conduct themselves. GC is # 3 winningest program in Virginia (1A-6A) since 1970. By contrast, Buckingham County is #130 - this was evident today.

Realize all schools have their bad apples (Including GC).

True...but the day that GC players act like that is the day I stop supporting them.

I agree, but that's my point: GC wouldn't field a team that would act that way. Coaches wouldn't allow a team with the attitudes and lack of discipline we saw today. Any GC coach or future GC coaches that did allow it would be run out of town by the fan base.

A proud, storied program will not allow the actions of a few to destroy the work of many.

#11 totally had a meltdown... he got a personal foul for a deadball cheap shot on Herron, then he kept going back fighting his own players. I have never seen a player that out of his head. He got another for pushing through his players and going after him 30 - 45 secs after the first. after being ejected, he had to be restrained on the bench, then he ran onto the field about a series later and the referees ushered him back off, somehow not eliciting another penalty flag. When other kids were shaking hands after the game he was 25yds away with two assistant coaches keeping him from going over there...