GATE CITY

HawkeyeDan

Loud. Obnoxious , fearless fans with high expectations. Boys hit hard every play. Fans expect it and they rarely disappoint. We play defense and if that fails we usually get beat. But if you have a 4.2 kid find me cause I want to be his agent. Bad luck to you guys but safe travels.

If you cant see the sarcasm in the Speed factor I posted oh well. You are going to be very surprised when you do see the speed we have this year. so I believe your Defense is going to fail against the knights. so that means only one thing different from last year until this year.

Your sore ass want have to ride as far to get home to Yo Mommas

Razor I wouldn't expect it to be any other way.  Cursed or Not, I by no means want to disrespect anyone on this board what so ever. but I do since a bit that some of these folks are trying to be smart in a nice way. because in the back of their minds they know they have a good football team or they wouldn't be in the position they are in but at the same time they seem scared and know what is probably going to go down come sat.

They Have Cowbells yes we heard that last year..... I love seeing folks be passionate about there team.

But we will have several folks come in support of the knights with the same kind of passion and will also have our noise makers and air horns as well.

No he means train horns mounted on top of a truck. I kinda would well really would like to see you all win in a way because if the blues win it would give us another home game and a long travel for you all two weeks in a row. GC has a little more speed than last year but its swva football so what you saw last year is what you will see this year and 20 years from now they are just going to try and bet the far out of ya with the run game and throw in a few passes each half.

I hope you realize the majority of these folks aren't even GC fans, but evidently you want to spread some trash. Keep thinking this is the same GC team from last year. I hope your boys and their "mommas" think the same way. I've noticed your boys doing alot of talking on Twitter too. Tell them to keep it up.

Dan.............seating and parking should not be a problem. Like others have suggested, you probably would want to stay in Kingsport, TN. Not a bad drive to the field, and plenty of places to eat. I am also a fan of the Pal's Restaurant. There is one in Gate City. Strictly drive thru. Sauceburger with cheese, hot dog (no onions), large frenchie fry, and a sweet tea with lemon (my regular)..............of course I am on cholesterol medicine. :(

I have seen most of GC's games this year. Sometimes we have looked real good, and sometimes we did not play very well. We have the ability to pound the ball, and have a  couple of backs who can go the distance at any point. Not real impressed with our passing game. Defense is pretty stout. Do not defend the pass real well. Special teams: Think our kick off team could be a little better. Think our punt returner might be the best in the state in 2A. Team speed is not bad. We can't run 4.3s all over the field, but with a ball control offense keeping your offense off the field, we should not have too. (just ask Gretna).

I expect a good game. Like a lot of games this time of year, this one will probably come down to turnovers and who gets a few breaks. 

Great City...at first reading your post I thought..."seriously...you just sent their coach a game plan". However..I got to pondering and realized you just described every Gate City team in the last 40 years. So...carry on my friend because it is no secret what we do or will do. It seems to have done pretty well over the years.

By No means did I mean to be taking wrong in any of my post. I'm looking forward to my trip to Gate City this Weekend to watch this rematch from last year. I'm really excited to see this atmosphere you all have talked Gate City up to be. The Cowbells The Train Horn Truck the 3000 plus fans. You sure this is High School and Not College?

I am not a Gate City fan but I suggest that your folks prepare for a bit of culture shock.  Gate City has a bunch a very decent people who basically lose their minds when it comes to supporting their football team. 

Anyway...

You refer to Buckingham's speed as a main factor...but Goochland beat Buckingham by a couple of scores.  Goochland is not a very fast team overall.  Goochland lost to FUMA's undergraduate team who is definitely not characterized as fast this year.  Nottoway has speed everywhere and they beat Buckingham.   

Since Buckingham has lost to both fast and not so fast teams, why are you so confident? 

Razor in 93 we were at football camp at VA Tech, as Appy did for yeas, a kid by the name of Shane Mack from ( I know this is spelled wrong) Kicattan ran a 4.27. I remember like it was yesterday we always ended camp with a touch football tournament and he was unreal. Though years ago I do remember. Not trying to defend Dan or piss anyone off but it is possible. Speed kills but from my experience the faster you go when you hit a brick wall it hurts a hell of a lot worse. GC is the brick wall and win by 20. I hope...GO DEVILS

Athletes are the difference. Gate City has one to two good athletes. Per team each year these teams have several athletes per team each year. By no means do I mean this to sound disrespectful lord knows sometimes its good to have just some hard nosed get down and dirty in trenches corn fed youngens like Gate City produces. But athletes normally prevail.