CalPreps 2014 Playoffs Week 2 Predictions

Ryan4VT

Henry (Glade Spring, VA) at Galax (VA), 7:00pm   [projection: Galax (VA) 41-21]

Haysi (VA) vs. Covington (VA) at Sandlick ES (Birchleaf, VA), 7:00pm   [projection: Haysi (VA) 27-21]

Radford (VA) at Honaker (VA), 1:00pm   [projection: Honaker (VA) 31-28]

Auburn (Riner, VA) at Wythe (Wytheville, VA), 2:00pm   [projection: Wythe [George] (Wytheville, VA) 24-14]

Richlands (VA) at Marion (VA), 7:00pm   [projection: Richlands (VA) 24-21]

Buckingham (VA) at Gate City (VA), 2:00pm   [projection: Gate City (VA) 28-27]

Lee (Jonesville, VA) at Giles (Pearisburg, VA), 2:00pm   [projection: Giles (Pearisburg, VA) 48-22]
Union (Appalachia, VA) at Glenvar (Salem, VA), 2:00pm   [projection: Glenvar (Salem, VA) 28-12]

I disagree with the Union, Lee, and Honaker predictions...think Lee upsets Giles, Union defeats Glenvar, and Radford beats Honaker... I could be wrong.... Glenvar barely beat Central...Lee is my Cinderella team and Radford is peaking right now...

I agree with your assessment nrvfootball, Giles has been there before.  There is a saying that "familiarity breeds contempt", but I don't think this applies to football.  In football, being at the dance before, you know the right time to "slow dance" and the right time to "show your moves".  The single-wing has the "moves" that can get them the ring.

Glenvar is not the same team they were earlier in the season.  I don't know if they have regressed or if injuries are taking a toll but when they came to Galax earlier in the year, they dominated the line of scrimmage.  

That doesn't happen to Galax very often.

No disrespect to Lee but I don't think they upset Giles. They may keep it close for awhile but the lack of experience against the single wing will hurt. If they can stop the single wing, they may have a shot.

Union MIGHT beat Glenvar. That's a tough one to predict. 

Lee is still my pick to beat Giles... May be wrong but that's my wish.. Lee 21 Giles 20... Giles commits 3 costly turnovers and Lee capitalizes on one for the upset... Have faith and believe ...It can happen!